Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Button 8/1 to win the Drivers Championship. Bookies getting scared?

1066gull

For a man who's only won one race in over 100 race starts I think that is appalling odds.

OK Brawn GP look good in testing but 8/1 for a man who can't drive properly you got to be kidding me?!

I would put Vettell up above Button as Red Bull are expected to do a lot.

Lewis Hamilton 7/2
Fernando Alonso 4/1
Kimi Raikkonen 4/1
Felipe Massa 5/1
Robert Kubica 13/2
Jenson Button 8/1
Rubens Barrichello 14/1
Sebastian Vettel 14/1
Nick Heidfeld 20/1
Heikki Kovalainen 33/1
Mark Webber 66/1
Jarno Trulli 80/1
Nico Rosberg 80/1
Timo Glock 80/1
Nelsinho Piquet 100/1
Kazuki Nakajima 200/1
Sebastien Bourdais 200/1
Sebastien Buemi 200/1
Adrian Sutil 300/1
Giancarlo Fisichella 300/1

1066gull

Massa is my favourite by the way. Hamilton really needs to sort his style out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
odds reflect the bets placed so that they balance the book. if someone has come along and dropped 10k on Button, thats going to shorten the odds no matter how strange it looks.

this is why England is aways short odds to win tournements, because of hundreds of thousands of England fans have a punt. they are not a measure of how likely an outcome is, rather how many people expect/want/hope an outcome to be.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
PaddyPower - as of now.

J Button 4 - 1
K Raikkonen 4 - 1
L Hamilton 4 - 1
F Massa 5 - 1
F Alonso 11 - 2
R Kubica 15 - 2
R Barrichello 12 - 1
S Vettel 16 - 1
N Heidfeld 20 - 1
H Kovalainen 33 - 1
M Webber 66 - 1
J Trulli 80 - 1
T Glock 80 - 1
N Rosberg 100 - 1
N Piquet 150 - 1
S Bourdais 200 - 1
S Buemi 250 - 1
A Sutil 300 - 1
G Fisichella 300 - 1
K Nakajima 300 - 1

Did you not think it was a bit strange that he would suddenly become a championship favourite?

Jenson and Rubens in their Brawn's were right up the top of the leaderboards at the practicing in Spain last week, well ahead of McLaren and even ahead of Ferarri

Yes, that is strange. Could Button be the new Damon Hill ?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Brawn started developing what was then the Honda for this year before last year even started. He realised that last years car was toilet and threw last year on the basis of being competitive for this year. Looks like it’s a gamble that has paid off.

Kubica is over-priced for me and I’ve already been backing him on the points spread for the year. BMW could have won the championship last year but developed this years car instead. On the flip side Mclaren have got this wrong and I’ll be laying 4-1 about Hamilton on Betfair. At worst that’s a bet to nothing as that price will drift as they aren’t sandbagging but are genuinely slow.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Did you not think it was a bit strange that he would suddenly become a championship favourite?

Jenson and Rubens in their Brawn's were right up the top of the leaderboards at the practicing in Spain last week, well ahead of McLaren and even ahead of Ferarri

i suspect Brawn are pushing their cars harder. i dont think Honda would have sold a competitive team and i doubt Brawn would have made it competitive in the short time they've had (same management isn't it anyway). we'll see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Button is quite capable of winning in a competitive car, I hope we can have two Brits at the sharp end of the grid this year.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Button is quite capable of winning in a competitive car, I hope we can have two Brits at the sharp end of the grid this year.

Agreed, but I just can't see how Ross Braun could have turned the team around that dramatically, that quickly. I am just waiting for RM Taylor to get his Betfair account sorted out then I'll viciously rape him when he lays his Button bet.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
quite simple, honda engine = shit, merc engine = great, thats the turn around

Look at Torro Rosso, crap until the dropped a ferrari lump in the back of it

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Or the fact they have been working on the 2009 car since a few races into last season.....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
quite simple, honda engine = shit, merc engine = great, thats the turn around

Look at Torro Rosso, crap until the dropped a ferrari lump in the back of it

The Torro Rosso drivers are 200/1 and 250/1 respectively. Butonn is 4/1 co-Favourite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here