Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Butters

Lordy

Mar 26, 2008
Hi. Just a story about GB. My 9 year old & I are season ticket holders in the family stand & we usually get to the ground a little early to watch the defenders warm up in front of us. Yesterday I shouted to Guy to ask him to sign my son's shirt, & he indicated that he would when he finished. My boy was disappointed when he walked off without coming over, but when he got to the dressing-room steps he remembered and ran back the full length of the pitch with all the other players already gone. All I can say is that he is a gent and a true star.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Butters is a legend, your story doesn't surprise me at all he seems like a top bloke. Also worth noting that he was one of the few players that tried to rouse the troups vocally during the game yesterday.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
The bloke is a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to him just after his hat-trick and he genuinly seemed embarresed about it

Was on the way in a couple of games ago and he stood out there talking to fans and signing for about ten mins :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I hope we don't just discard Guy during the summer. I think he ought to be part of the club. We need players like him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is rather ironic how the fans, especially on here have taken to him after he was put up for sale, jokingly on E Bay for £5 and loaned out to Barnet but he has overcome all of that and won the fans over.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
It is rather ironic how the fans, especially on here have taken to him after he was put up for sale, jokingly on E Bay for £5 and loaned out to Barnet but he has overcome all of that and won the fans over.

I predicted he would be useful for us in 2003/04, if I could be bothered to bounce the post from early August of that month then I'd show my predictive skills;)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I did a bit of research and found this!

:lolol:

worst player currently at the club? - North Stand Chat

Cullip Injured - North Stand Chat

Shocked to see that comment from Yorkie. :D

Oh god! Don't let ZeshRehman see I wrote that...

I did stick up for him on a thread where I was trying to keep Safeway positive in the run up to the start of the season.

There is also a classic of mine from April2004 where I'm having a go at Knight for kicking those bottles when he got subbed and LONDON IRISH of all people leaps to his defence.

In my defence...it was all written a very long time ago.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Butters is a thoroughly decent bloke, and someone who we should definitely be looking to keep here.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
After his really solid performance Saturday i would give him another year.

I don't agree. He still copes well with aerial balls, but the minute anyone with any pace runs at him, we are in trouble. He has been a great servant, but it is time for some younger legs to take his place.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I don't agree. He still copes well with aerial balls, but the minute anyone with any pace runs at him, we are in trouble. He has been a great servant, but it is time for some younger legs to take his place.

Cover for the bench until we know where we stand with Hinsh. We have needed him on several occasions this season and defenders get injured!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed with the lack of pace though

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I don't agree. He still copes well with aerial balls, but the minute anyone with any pace runs at him, we are in trouble.

Unless that person is Gregorz Rasiak - anyone else remember the slow-motion chase for the ball between those two up at Derby a few years back!

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here