Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Butternut Squash

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Spicy butternut squash soup...Google & use the BBC Good Food receipe. We use fresh chilli & extra cummin seeds in ours. Make it every week during winter. Fab

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Today I had roasted butternut squash for the first time in my life. Bloody gorgeous. Why have I never had it before ?

They are the don. Ive been eating them for years. Very tasty too they are. I dont eat meat so any veg is good on me.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
butternut squash, or pumpkin as it's known here, has to be the most used winter veg in Oz (spuds excluded natch). I've lost count of the times I've had it roasted, mashed, or in the ubiquitous pumpkin soup over the last 16 years. For some reason though most Aussie's have this bonkers idea that the English don't eat pumpkin becuase they only think it's fit for feeding to pigs - crazy.

Lush

Mods' Pet
butternut squash, or pumpkin as it's known here, has to be the most used winter veg in Oz (spuds excluded natch). I've lost count of the times I've had it roasted, mashed, or in the ubiquitous pumpkin soup over the last 16 years. For some reason though most Aussie's have this bonkers idea that the English don't eat pumpkin becuase they only think it's fit for feeding to pigs - crazy.

If this is a pumpkin ...

butternut+squash.jpg

What do you call this?

recipe-blog-pumpkin.jpg

Obviously these images are not to scale!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here