Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Business plans

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I'm back .. an hour and a half's work today is more than enough ...

As posted earlier ... been self-employed until 1988 and now planning to return.

Been developing my own business plans ... there is a large gap in the UK market for writing-based PR companies - there are fecking hundreds of PR companies but nearly all are promotion/marketing or crisis management based. The scope of clients is immense from small businesses and regional based companies to local government and public agencies such as councils and health trusts. And of course there are football clubs and other sporting entities.

My business would provide PR support but also advise and create written material for either corporate in-house or external publications and articles and press releases for the print and braodcast media.

Have begun building a likely client base and developing a business plan and plans for staffing etc. Must write into any contracts time taken out for NSC and other Albion related business!!!

Anyone with any ideas to take this fledgling plan forward .. just jump in!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I work for an outsourcing marketing company and deal with a medium sized Software company. In my experience the software/IT organizations tend to have good sales people who resent generating leads or even interest in products and have trouble filling these roles with permanent staff. Tasks such as telemarketing, scripts for cold calling and mailshots tend to be outsourced these days. What client base are you trying to target ? Might be able to help.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been thinking about starting on my own restoring cars and restoring and preparing historic race cars, I'm just completing my own now and hope to use it as an advertisment for my abilities, ultimately the quality boils down to the budget, but there are an increasing amount of middle aged people who want their first car back, or the car they dreamt of when they where a kid, but without the time or skill to do it for themselves . . . .

heres a quick snap of what Ive done so far . . .and this is at home, so if you have a few grand spare and want a classic car either sourced, restored or prepared . . .give me a shout !

this is a 1964 MK1 Cortina GT prepared as a replica of the period Ford works cars . . .I'll be racing in the next month

Attachments

• nsrear-small.jpg
    nsrear-small.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 157

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Almost forgotten what old Cortinas looked like ... very good indeed!

Thanks for the input ... client base so far is centred on some NE based public bodies and a couple of NE based private companies who are keen to raise their profile .. but this is all early doors stuff so far ... this week has given me some time and space to explore options more fully

Cheers!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
thanks OTLW . .. .how are you planning to start ? I'd hope to keep it part time until such a time as I could convince myself that I can earn a sensible living, or get a decent enough commossion to jack in work. Ideally I'd supplement it with part time contract work doing engineering projects as I do now, but thats unlikely to happen

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Is that a crossbow on the roof Zeff???

I am thinking about doing the same ... working part-time from home for a few months to build up the client base before moving to a commercial/residential type premises.
I just yearn for the freedom and cash I had when In was self-employed in the 1980s .... they were great days and I want to do it now before age overtakes me!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
just goes to show how 'now' I am . . . and to think I copied it from a 1963 design . . . .who'd have thought fashion goes full circle :lolol:

the reason its in the garage is because it got covered in splashes . . . . . . . . . . . .

of paint whilst decorating :rolleyes:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
crossbow . . . .no . . .its a quarterlight (thats a small front window you open with your hand for the drivers under 30 ! )

I think the tax laws etc have got a lot tougher since the 80's, although starting from home minimilises overheads, my trouble is storage as cars take up space, and we currently have 4 and a trailer. . . .having recently sold 2 !

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just realised that your avatar is a cortina rear light .... thought it was a Mercedes emblem!!!!!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just changed my Saab for an Alfa 2.4 Sportwagon .... it really shifts and has great roadholding ....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
ooooh . . .my boss has a Saab (a vectra underneath) I think you've made a good move . . . .we have a 2.5 V6 MOndeo estate . . .shifts, handles, and tows the race car very nicely too, and arguably less likely to fall apart than an Alfa :lolol: as lnice as they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here