Bus (un)fares

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lush said:
Not for much longer...

"Cash fares on Tube, buses set for increase
Published: Tuesday, 12 September, 2006, 08:35 AM
LONDON: Cash fares on the Tube and buses are to rocket by a third. A single zone 1 Tube journey will soar from £3 to £4. A cash fare on the bus will go up from £1.50 to £2 next January, the Evening Standard has learned."

Simple, use an Oyster, saves me a fortune and I can buy tickets from home.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I was complaining that a year student bus ticket was £180 in Southampton!! But £395?!!!! :eek:

Yeah but the 395 can take you out to Eastbourne to east, and Littlehampton the west every day for a year.

It's still much cheaper than the train.

Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Very suprised that Lord B hasn't been on to defend Brighton buses yet.
I think I'll have a pop at Manchester's so-called 'Magic' Bus network instead.

If the future of public transport is the clapped-out fleet of wreckage that Stagecoach call Magic Bus, and aim exclusively at the student market in Manchester, then we might as well give up.

... or imagine that Brighton would be better off with 2,000 tuc-tucs cluttering up the streets.

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I was complaining that a year student bus ticket was £180 in Southampton!! But £395?!!!! :eek:
It's not £395, Laura.

It's currently £290. If students want a year's travel, they can buy one at this price for the current year.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

... or imagine that Brighton would be better off with 2,000 tuc-tucs cluttering up the streets.

For once I agreed with the action of the Burberry mobs, forcing those rip-off, sham merchants off the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here