Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lovely. Am recuperating after an early hours trip to A&E and this has cheered me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thanks.

How come the Burnley goal wasn't ruled out for pushing?

They’ve more or less turned VAR off for this season.

They would have concluded that the ref saw the push so no need to question his judgement. He was a clear Homer today.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I don't read the game threads until after the match has finished, as I cannot stand the negativity that can sometimes seep in!!!

Today was a good case in point having started on page 5 and then gone through up to now, it is really funny, with hindsight, to see the early reactions to the first 60 minutes.

Fantastic result, that is all that counts.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We lost the xg! I don't think any of us are going to be happy with the three points if we lost the xg!

fdmchef

Apr 28, 2019
Absolutely loved that. Didn’t turn up until the last 20 minutes but showed what we can do. Happy birthday maupay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I was out and had limited radio access.

Thanks [MENTION=23342]dolphins[/MENTION] for that link.

A come from behind victory.
A rare win against a perceived struggler.
Fantastic day.

Blood and thunder from Duffy then?
Two balls into the danger zone and two goals.

I bet the minibus home will be fun.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They’ve more or less turned VAR off for this season.

They would have concluded that the ref saw the push so no need to question his judgement. He was a clear Homer today.

I’d very much welcome a relaxation in the over-officious reffing in line with the Euros but that push was pretty ridiculous. I agree they’re going to go with the on-field official more - which is fine when it’s not one as inept as David Coote.

I wouldn’t mind betting that after a few more howlers like that against ‘bigger’ clubs, they’ll rapidly revert to the same old parameters as previous seasons. Their changes in interpretation never seem to last more than a few weeks. Thankfully, it won’t have cost us 3 points.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got in (to the hotel). Football eh ? Bloody hell.

Too wrapped up in the second half to provide any kind of proper rational analysis for now but Lallana seemed to be the real catalyst to the change….also sparked Biss into life. They were both immense in the second half.

Undoubted best sight of the day for me was a happy, bouncing Maupay sprinting over to the away end after his post-match interview and hurling his shirt into the crowd with a massive smile on his face. Wonderful to see and could be so important for someone who thrives on confidence.

I need a beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here