Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Happy to let the FA cup go next week. Number of the players need a rest, and still got some key league games coming up. Will be good to see the Polish lads get a run out and the Lion

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I thought the snide elbow to Macs head that laid him out in the 2nd half was certainly worthy of another look. The defender led with a forearm smash from behind into the side of his face - it was utterly reckless, yet drew no comment and was completely ignored by the offiicials.

Typical Burnley though. They've made getting away with that type of shit into an artform.

Ref and commentators seemed like Burnley fans half the time! Imagine if those were against Liverpool, it’s all they would be talking about.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
What do you guys think for the cup though? I think we’re as good as safe so would love a cup run but it’s clear players need a rest. Play the Polish lads? Will everyone accept it as one of those things with injuries and fatigue if we make 7 changes and lose 4-0? Will our fans be accepting enough of the situation and just forget it if that happens? It’s such a tough one and the injury list is the problem for me...

I'd like Karbo to play LWB and give Burn a rest.
Rest Gross for Moder, Lallana for Mac.
I imagine Trossard will be back (replacing Conolly) with Maupay up front.
If Webster is injured, then Veltman at CB and Alazte at RWB.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Burnley beat Liverpool and Aston Villa so a 1-1 was a great result, still 2 games in hand (working on Point per Game = safety)
I don't Blame Burnley for the way they play, horses for courses!! They play the way their resources allow, as the Albion did in the first couple of seasons, difference is we have moved on and have greater ambition.
Bobby Sanchez awesome MoM for me
Gutted about Adam's injury I really hope it is not long term

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Happy to let the FA cup go next week. Number of the players need a rest, and still got some key league games coming up. Will be good to see the Polish lads get a run out and the Lion

Fully agree. Leicester are always going to be favorites. We can focus on the cup when we reach Christmas and have 38 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I agree that many players didn't perform today, though imo Welbeck didn't hide though. Like I mentioned earlier he makes great off the ball runs to create space or drag the defenders....... or makes runs wanting to be picked out. When he does get picked out is pretty clinical in front of goal.

I just think he just needs a run of games, bringing him on 3/4 of the way though a game against Burnley isn't going to do much for us.

Spot on.
Manchester United, Arsenal, Champions League,40 odd caps for England including world cups.
Got him in when our forwards were missing chances as everyone wanted.
Different type of player to Maupay and Connolly.
Just back from injury, probably not match fit and comes on halfway through the second half.
We need to play to his strenghts but today was not the day.
Unfortunately injury prone though, but we knew that.
But resident cretin and halfwit Mouldy Boots can't see any of that because Wellbeck does not excite him, but Connolly does.
Someone tell the nurse that he is out of bed again

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Connolly seems to panic when he gets into a good shooting position. Does he try to score worldies each time ? Always ends up miles over the top. Needs to compose himself much more. Frustrating!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What do you guys think for the cup though? I think we’re as good as safe so would love a cup run but it’s clear players need a rest. Play the Polish lads? Will everyone accept it as one of those things with injuries and fatigue if we make 7 changes and lose 4-0? Will our fans be accepting enough of the situation and just forget it if that happens? It’s such a tough one and the injury list is the problem for me...

I would play the two Polish lads and play Tau against Leicester. Probably start Lallana & Welbeck.
Give it a go but don’t risk our league improvement.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A great point. We were clearly below our best and looked shattered. To be honest I think Burnley will see it as an opportunity missed. Great to be able to grind out a draw like this. A very Hughtonesque away performance.
We will need to rest some players on Wednesday. Hopefully a chance to give the Polish lads a run out, get Welbeck upfront to give him some game time and possibly Propper in midfield with Lallana. Even a start for Izzy maybe?
Unbeaten in five now. The players should feel proud of their efforts since half time at home to Wolves.
My only concern is that I thought we really missed Solly today. Burn may be ok there on occasions but I’d hope that Karbownik gives us an option and that Lamptey isn’t too far away.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
[MENTION=14065]origigull[/MENTION] makes a good point and I feel guilty for this - it’s catch 22 really...! So pleased to play a settled team but they are knackered. However, our injury list is very bad so who knows who could have started!!!

They came back in the game because we lost the harrying that Maupay does, yes he was knackered so probably needed subbing or possibly have taken Connolly off first and bring on someone to help Maupay more.

Definitely missed Solly.

Need to see how Webster is but personally would prefer a higher finish in the League than cup run...

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
It was hit from outside the box, he could have easily have pushed it away from goal.

To categorise it as an error is doing him a disservice though. During that period we were slow to the 2nd balls and too far from the Burnley players, should have been sharper and closer providing better protection to Bobby.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Good point after a leggy performance. Burnley dominated us in the second half. It makes a nice change to get something from a game and to leave the other side wondering how they didn't score more.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
To categorise it as an error is doing him a disservice though. During that period we were slow to the 2nd balls and too far from the Burnley players, should have been sharper and closer providing better protection to Bobby.

I thought that he was great. I truly believe we would have lost that game if Maty had been between the sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Burnley impressed me today, they were far better than I expected. They stopped us bossing the ball in the second half and they have a bit more than about them than people give them credit for. Yeah they can bully ..... so what. We were ordinary today and wasteful when we broke. All in all a good point though.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
sanchez.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here