Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hopefully Wood remains out and Barnes, though he's useless anyway.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I see the bookies have us favourites. Says a lot about our current run of form.

This is a very different challenge to Anfield, we know Burnley will be more than happy to sit back and scrap it out. Our confidence will be flying though.

You have to expect a point at least surely. 3 in a row? Why not [emoji123]

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
The recent goal scoring/conceding stats for both teams scream 0-0. I was really surprised to see Burnley have only scored 13 goals all season (and 3 of those were against Villa) and looking at xG that's only 3 under what they "should" have scored.Hopefully that means it will actually be a 4-5 thriller with Connolly scoring a 97th minute winner.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think this is the first time I've ever been excited about a game against Burnley. Usually they're something to be endured but I'm really looking forward to this.

Four clean sheets in a row and ten points in those four games up against the lowest scorers in the division. It all points to the inevitable...

A burnley win.:tantrum:

Nah, we're going to beat the buggers today!

I always get excited about Burnley away - it's one of the few games I can get to. So disappointed not to be going today.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Hopefully Veltman and Mac Allister will be fit. If not, I’d like to see Potter bring in Lallana for March and put Alzate right wing back although changing to a back 4 is also an option.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You must have loved it when we used to play Carlisle. Hopefully we'll get them in one of the cups next year for you!

I'm in the south of the county (old Lancashire north of the sands), so gravitate more towards Preston, Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton, Wigan and so on. Preston in particular was always a good day out. What I am looking forward to is us playing Barrow at some time, as I pop along there for matches a few times each season, and now they're a league team - who knows!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
For what it’s worth, the Sky prediction:

It would be a mistake to judge Burnley on their last two performances. They may have mustered just three shots across their last two Premier League games (one vs Chelsea, two vs Man City), failing to register a single effort on target in those matches, but better can be expected here.

Saying that, the penny just might have dropped with Brighton.

In their last two impressive victories they've been rather ruthless instead of fruitless in both boxes. All the performance data suggests their process is one of a top-half side and if they've now found a balance within their play at both ends of the pitch, a rise up the table could be forthcoming, as highlighted in this column before the Liverpool game where they were 16/1 for a top 10 finish.

I think they'll nick this one.

The position of Leandro Trossard in an attacking central role just off Neal Maupay has caught my eye, especially in how Sky Bet have priced up their first goalscorer market. Despite scoring the winner against Tottenham and registering a shot on target in each of his last three appearances playing in the advanced role, we're able to get a juicy 13/2 on him opening the scoring.

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 1-2

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love a win, keep momentum up and confidence high.

Happy with a draw as keeps Burnley below us and a step further to safety.

Disappointed with a loss but not the end of the world.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
As much as I would love to take 3 points, I can't help thinking that this is going to be a real physical battle in horrible weather conditions.

I would take 0-0 right now, extend the clean sheet run and pick up no more injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here