Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Burnley v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

Result Forecast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Best performance away from home for weeks. Played far better than at Hull, Blackpool, Doncaster, or Forest.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you think spending time with your beautiful seven year old daughter is a miserable existence. That say's a lot more about you than it does me. As anyone reading that comment is sure to agree. You may be man enough one day too have a daughter, but I doubt it,

You seem to be spending a hell of a lot more time here spewing your verbal diorhhea than with your daughter.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Really? How did you manage under Adams, Wilkins, Slade, McGhee or the other umpteen managers that went previously? I'm genuinely shocked at having met a Brighton fan who thinks our side lacks flair or creativity. We are over-achieving in our first year back in the Championship with a style of football that has won us plaudits all over the land. I'm a bit disappointed but it's that kind of disappointment where you've shot your custard into the missus's mouth and at the last moment she refuses to swallow.

f*** me, I really ought to save some of these analogies for later use. I'm on fire today.

you remind me of my wife in an argument when i did something 5 years ago ,it gets thrown up ,i live for today not yester year.no other top team would put navarro ,barnes ,dicker, sparrow,ahead of premier players rasak, assulin ,and noone lua lua , buckley week in week out the players are there so f***ing use them !!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
you remind me of my wife in an argument when i did something 5 years ago ,it gets thrown up ,i live for today not yester year.no other top team would put navarro ,barnes ,dicker, sparrow,ahead of premier players rasak, assulin ,and noone lua lua , buckley week in week out the players are there so f***ing use them !!!

The one thing we don't see is the players in training during the week , Gus has to pick the best team to match the opposition and that is his final decision.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok lets put this to bed. It is my view that Gus has done a great job in his time at the club.

Ok.

But he holds grudges, behaves like a spoilt child when he does not get his own way, nothing is ever his fault

Poyet shoulders blame for Millwall performance From The Argus)
Poyet: Blame me for defeat From The Argus)
Poyet: Blame me for putting too much pressure on Dunk From The Argus)
Holroyd's famine down to me says Poyet From The Argus)
Mackail-Smith on the march with Albion From The Argus) ("Sometimes it is the manager and the rest of the players. It's a mix and I am trying to do my best to get the best out of him.")

and the more he hears from anyone to do something he will do the opposite to try and prove how clever he is and he knows better all the time...

You mean like the people calling for CMS and Vokes to play together? How did that work out today? The ones telling him to take barnes off, then when he doesn't barnes goes and scores a couple/wins a freekick for lualua to bury? Or those calling for two wingers from the start only for leeds to rip us apart? Or the ones telling him not to play brezovan prior to his latest run which has been more successful than Ankergren's? Or...

Just a few questions for you,,where is Razak?.If he has done something wrong, fine him and get on with it, don't just drop him it obvious he is good enough.

Except, it's not so obvious. He had a great debut, but his later appearances haven't lived up to that performance or his status as a premier league player. His average match ratings:
7.33 (debut as a sub)
9.13 (first start)

Where is JFC, what exactly did he do wrong?..Have the name Forster perhaps?..

Or perhaps he is a youngster who doesn't need to be pushed so hard just yet, having experienced putting dunk under too much pressure too soon (see above link), perhaps he is trying to avoid that? JFC made it into the team earlier this season because of injuries and suspensions. People above him in the pecking order are now back. His name has nothing to do with it.

Why put Noone on ahead of KLL when almost everytime KLL plays something happens.

Such as losses to palace, leicester, boro, watford, reading, coventry? Lualua isn't a god. He isn't infallible, and over the few years he has been with us, he is an injury concern and needs to be handled carefully. Putting him on the pitch doesn't guarantee something good will happen. As for today, the player was replacing Mattock, without a proper defensive option on the bench, we needed the player with the stronger defensive tendencies to replace him, and that was Noone. As great as lualua can be, the defensive side of his game is always pointed to as his weakness.

Ask Liverpool fans, he is the only player they remember...

Wait, the only player they remember when they beat us easily 6-1, is the one player who scored against them?! Who'da thunk it?. Since when should a manager base his team selection or substitutions on who the fans of a team from another division remember playing against us that one time...?

Bridcutt and Navarro away from home etc etc etc.

Our winless run ended when these two were paired together. The main criticism the pairing gets these days is that they are too defensive a pairing to play in home games. Isn't it the convention to be more defensive away from home, hold our opponents for twenty minutes, or maybe half time depending how good they are, and to do that it requires the more defensive line up?

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wait, the only player they remember when they beat us easily 6-1, is the one player who scored against them?! Who'da thunk it?. Since when should a manager base his team selection or substitutions on who the fans of a team from another division remember playing against us that one time...?

Actually I think they remember three players equally ... Lua Lua obviously, but Bridcutt for his brace in the wrong net and Dunk for his superb keepy uppy goal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Actually I think they remember three players equally ... Lua Lua obviously, but Bridcutt for his brace in the wrong net and Dunk for his superb keepy uppy goal.

Liverpool fans are the most knowledgeable fans in the world, supposedly, they probably remember every one of our players, even those that didn't play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here