Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley 1 Man Utd 0

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is a superb result, mainly because a Man U supporter that was texting me most abuse on Tuesday night. Revenge is sweet

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Much as I HATE the Premier League (unless of course we are there) I do LOVE results like this...however I really do think this is a freak result, besides united always start slowly and they had no Ferdinand or Vidic.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
ahahahaahahaha am soo happy about this result! live with 2 manc fans who have rubbed in their champions of england champions or europe all last year, cant wait for them to win NOTHING without C Ron!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What it must be to be a Burnley fan this morning, bouncing in to work with a grin the size of Edinburgh, floating along on the shoulders of custard fairies.

The closest we could get recently to that was knocking Man City out of the League Cup last year. That was fantastic, but beating Man U...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
What it must be to be a Burnley fan this morning, bouncing in to work with a grin the size of Edinburgh, floating along on the shoulders of custard fairies.

The closest we could get recently to that was knocking Man City out of the League Cup last year. That was fantastic, but beating Man U...

Thank god my Burnley colleague is on his hols...even though I can sense his smugness from 3,000 miles away...aaaagh:tantrum:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Thing is,with an early goal like that, you just expect the Mancs to steamroller them for the next 80 odd minutes but Burnley, whilst they were under a lot of pressure, held their own more than adequately and did'nt look completely outclassed.

That said I remember Hull going out of the traps like this last year and were fantastic until the other teams figured them out and just wiped them out as the season went on.

Burnley looked like the quality championship team they are.. playing an aggressive and harrying game that Man U did'nt really have an answer to..probably due to arrogance..I just hope it is'nt a freak result and Burnley take a few more scalps and stay up. Especially beause they are an example to teams like the Albion of how to get to the top flight and give the best teams in England a game...that could be us in 5 or six years boys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here