Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley 1 Man Utd 0

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just did a search, couldn't see a mention of this on here yet.

Amazing result, but I'm not entirely surprised. United's midfield looks decidedly average without the Portuguese tosser.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Freak result. Thank you Man Utd for taking us out of "the office" spotlight tonight:clap2:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Great result. Burnerlee, burnerlee, burnerleeeee
burnley cricket club is great place for a prematch drink probably better than the gas club even.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Just watched the game on motd, didn't know the result.

Shocked. But Man always have a shite first 2 or 3 games then win about 10 times in a row after that

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
United's midfield was dreadful last year. The fact they didn't buy anyone in the summer is quite unbelievable. No other team will try to win the champions league and the premiership with a midfield including Nani, Scholes, Giggs, Anderson, and Valencia. That's just mediocrity personified at that level I'm afraid.

i dont think your wrong there, but what does it say about the midfields in the other teams that they beat on the way to the final? to be fair, i think its a sum is greater than parts thing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
All good for Burnley until they played music when they scored. Lost all my respect after that. Hope they go down and/or bust.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
bit different to their opening home fixture of 02/03 when they were annihilated by the Super seagulls in the black bat kit...who then went on to lose 12 on the bounce or something like that

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was Wes Brown at fault for the goal?
(He asks hopefully)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What a brilliant result, well done Burnley. :clap:

They've waited 33 years to finally get back in the top-flight - & to beat the current champions on their opening home-game must have been extremely spesh. I seem to recall that they were nearly relegated to the conference in the mid 80's, so there's hope for us yet! Marvelous Blow-The-Roof-Off Scenes. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here