Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burgess Hill need your help

i had about three months at burgess hill as part of their youth set up, and he always struck me as a complete wanker - the fact that danny bloor won them the title and promotion, and then he decided to sack him and take charge of the first team himself just shows what an arrogant bloke he is

Bloors no better tbh, total prick who insults us Worthing Fans, and has no skill at managing above county league level.

"WE'RE ALL LIVING IN A BLOOR DICTATORSHIP, A BLOOR DICTATORSHIP, A BLOOR DICTATORSHIP"

Not sure why we do so good, is probs cos dodge is on bench helping him

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Originally Posted by Wilka
Are you sure the houses were there before the club? I was sure it was the other way around.
Some of them were certainly. However the club have regularly been late with the rent and also had the flood lights on late for training so I hear.

The club moved to Leylands Park in 1969. I'm sure the houses were ALL built after that.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am outraged at the council's actions. They have behaved just Like Bighton and Hove Council's did with the Albion when we were at the Goldstone. Happy to share the limelight as Hillians won repeated County League title's but no interest in the community benefit of having a successful club and more interested in building on the ground.

Having said that, Hillians have always been iffy off the pitch. Their priorities have been handing out cash (and similar - allegedly) to attract players before paying the tax and rent bills.

Two or three of the residents who back on to the ground are utter tossers. The floodlight issue, and not returning balls has been a regular thing for years. And they all knew there was a club there when they moved in. I hope they are satisfied when they get a load of affordable council housing and a Tesco Express there instead. It'll serve them right.

Very disappointing. :nono:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The club moved to Leylands Park in 1969. I'm sure the houses were ALL built after that.

Yes you are correct, I have an old ordnance survey map dated 1975 (Probably surveyed much earlier) which shows the lower part of Leylands Park next to Leylands Road as being built but the area next to Leylands Wood is clear except for a small square where the football ground is. My aunt lived in The Spinney during the early 1970s and I remember visiting often and playing in the woods at the back and recall the gradual encroachment of the newer housing on the places I used to play in.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

I would back that up. I live in one of the houses over looking the southdown rovers playing fields and my house was build in 76/77.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here