Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bulgaria v England (7:45 ITV)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Were you tempted to travel? The England supporters have been immense in the stadium.

Would love to be out there but it’s down to money I’m afraid. Looks a great away atmo though :thumbsup: I don’t do many England always unfortunately but it’s a great experience.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Except this one pretty much says that:

Didn’t say that at all! I’ve only heard one bit of racism (at withdean) and I think the bloke shocked himself he’d said it. (Was black *******) I didn’t see who did it could just tell from his voice the way it tailed off!

There’s a lot less racism in England than other countries like Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia etc - clearly.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I don't think it does though. I've been to hundreds of games too and never heard racism. That's not saying that it doesn't happen, but it does show that our problem is miniscule and always very isolated incidents. But still must be addressed, as you say

Thank you for reading carefully what I actually said. Appreciated.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fair play to you then mate. In the punch up stakes, if it were 100 hooded neo nazis v me, i'd probably start as second favourite, so might reason that tipping off a copper might be a safer approach

Don't try and be clever. If I was to come across these idiots outside the stadium I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be alone. I've probably lived a very different life to you. It's not something I boast about but I am proud of the balls I have shown in life. Some of us have been fighters because we have had to be.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I envisage UEFA issuing Bulgaria with a €20,000 fine (half suspended) for racist chants, whilst England are fined €7,500 for a pyrotechnic.

Jesting, but it’s the shite they come out with.

I'd be surprised if the rusty stadium doors aren't shut for their next match.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When did an entire block of a stadium last abuse a black player in a Premier League match? There have been a few isolated incidents (such as that idiot at Chelsea having a go at Sterling a couple of years ago) but to compare anything that happens in the Premier League to what England face every time they play east of Germany or south of France is comparing apples with pears.

Whole block of Burnley fans booing Bong ???

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I don't think they were booing because they were being racist, though. They were (rightly or wrongly) sticking up for their player who denied vehemently that hed said what Bong claimed he did. Black players obviously play at Burnley all the time and don't suffer racism, so the incident with Bong was clearly very different

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Now, far be it from me to try and justify a load of racist Burnley ****s, but I think there was a little more background to that than 'He's black, so we should boo him' ???

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Except this one pretty much says that:

Wrong!! Wilko’s statement applies to me too. Doesnt mean there aren’t isolated incidents in PL, but I’m very pleased to say I’ve never heard racism home or away in PL and for many years before that.

Very different from when I started watching in the 70s.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn’t say that at all! I’ve only heard one bit of racism (at withdean) and I think the bloke shocked himself he’d said it. (Was black *******) I didn’t see who did it could just tell from his voice the way it tailed off!

There’s a lot less racism in England than other countries like Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia etc - clearly.

Fact.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think they were booing because they were being racist, though. They were (rightly or wrongly) sticking up for their player who denied vehemently that hed said what Bong claimed he did. Black players obviously play at Burnley all the time and don't suffer racism, so the incident with Bong was clearly very different

He wasn’t their player.

A mass of folk from a town with clear racism issues (BNP councillors), sided with the local man accused of racism.

It was no surprise the police acted.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/12/burnley-fan-charged-racist-abuse-brighton-gaetan-bong

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The white players did not have clear and audible monkey chants shouted at them though did they.

For god sake what is it with you people. This country has a spattering of racism, we are talking about mass racism in Bulgaria. Bloody typical of you 'woke' wankers. Players are booed from all sides for reasons other than racism you know. Anyhow I still do not completely understand your point other than you want to disagree with me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here