Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Building The Amex Yourself - Ridiculous Thread Alert

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If you were thrown into the middle of a field at Falmer with all the required kit (including diggers, cranes plus instruction manuals), the architects' blueprints, a few hard hats, friends and family to help you and TB walked over and said "Right I'll give you ten years to do it, build me the Amex" how do you think you'd get on?

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You though the Titanic was a disaster? A stadium I built would have NO chance of staying up, I couldn't even build a short brick wall properly.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It'd probably look something like this:

Coliseum.jpg

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The real problem is the 'friends and family' bit........

After 5 years we'd probably still be surrounded by a muddy field, arguing about who wants to be Martin Perry - it would make an episode of 'The Apprentice' look like a management masterclass.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as i have an engineer and an electrican in my family, along with many contacts in the building trade, i reckon i could build it pretty well. it would be about 10 years late, but it would be built.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Having only built patios, garden walls and other domestic stuff it's mind boggling but fun to think about how to tackle such a huge job as The Amex.

Would love to have a go on some of those big boys toys. I would probably spend most of day 1 looking for the keys to the JCB and drinking tea so would take longer to build it than the pyramids, ending up looking more like a half demolished Withdean than a shiny new Amex.

Sounds like a job for 'DIY SOS', and perhaps Tommy Walsh too - or maybe not, I think he is a Hammers fan.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd have hired Martin Perry and then gone on holiday for 10 years.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It would take us a few months I reckon. We'd build it to the same size as the blueprints, mind, so it'd be more suitable for Subbuteo, but hey – he never said anything about scale...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd be on the phone to a certain gentleman in Swansea making him my friend as quickly as possible !

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I'd SELL all of the materials and equipment and blow the proceeds on paying the transfer fee for as many clapped out Manchester United players as I could afford.

I thought that you would have prefered David Cameron - no?

Could be a good marketing idea for the club though. A lego style build your own Amex would be a great stocking filler for every young up and coming Albionite!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Admire the seating plan and the well thought out sight lines. The revolutionary pitch looks stunning from the 19:01 club executive lounge

ms121.jpg

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Right lads, one, two, three ........... LIFT!

There look, I told you making it out of prefab sections would work.......

OK Tone, we're bang on schedule, only got the pitch left to lay now.

Attachments

• yankee-stadium-demolition-2.jpg
    yankee-stadium-demolition-2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 130

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here