Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Building Falmer

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
This seems to be dragging on no clue yet to who or where the money is coming from' hope Adams hasn't been brought in to soften the blow if it gets announced that we have to delay building work. Do we have to be in the championship before these mystery backers let themselves known???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The ground is being cleared, for the replacement buildings. The ones that are in the way of the stadium. So the work has begun really.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
This seems to be dragging on no clue yet to who or where the money is coming from' hope Adams hasn't been brought in to soften the blow if it gets announced that we have to delay building work. Do we have to be in the championship before these mystery backers let themselves known???

That's because the business plan will be kept confidential at least until after ALL the funding is secured, Some people or institutions may want to remain anon even after that!

Adams has been brought back to put bums on seats and get us up a division as it's cost us nearly 750,000 a season being in the third tier not the second.

Delays in building is just nonsense at the moment as until the uni year has finished and they have demolished the 4 buildings not much can be done hence we start in late October/ early November

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
The ground is being cleared, for the replacement buildings. The ones that are in the way of the stadium. So the work has begun really.

I know the site manager who is building the replacement building for the 4 being knocked down and as of last week they were 2 weeks ahead of schedule EVEN after losing nearly a day for that WW2 shell :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think the only reason why it's gone quiet is because they can't comment on the financial siuation, it'd be pretty stupid to say that they've got funding from certain places.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
I know the site manager who is building the replacement building for the 4 being knocked down and as of last week they were 2 weeks ahead of schedule EVEN after losing nearly a day for that WW2 shell :lolol:

Oh well thats cleared that up then lets hope they don't find a roman settlement or something like that. Still find it odd no takes on the finance this is most strange with work already beginning be prepared for disappoint the money is quite clearly not there at moment:eek:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yes i know when its supposed to start but dont u find it strange we dont know by whom or whos suppyling the cash, this championship rumour by 2 backers has come from 2 different people:down:

Not really, as already said the work has already started.

Sorry, I must have missed the rumours? What is this about Championship? What has that got to do with the stadium being built?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Oh well thats cleared that up then lets hope they don't find a roman settlement or something like that. Still find it odd no takes on the finance this is most strange with work already beginning be prepared for disappoint the money is quite clearly not there at moment:eek:

:glare: I agree with no Roman settlements as it totally put back the building of one of our branches (built by Adenstar btw) 6 month delay it was.

The money is more than likely there but the legal paperwork takes a while Price Waterhouse Coopers wouldn't take on a funding project they couldn't deliver as that would be a rather large amount of egg on face for them!!!

No-one apart from the board knew where all the funding for the Emirates stadium came from until well after the thing was built and the HMRC returns were filed.

Nothing to worry about

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Not really, as already said the work has already started.

Sorry, I must have missed the rumours? What is this about Championship? What has that got to do with the stadium being built?

Alot, these backers i have been informed will not put money into a div1 club, yes i know its rumour but hearing from 2 different people has me worried just looking for answers' hope we are not being fobbed off,AGAIN:angry:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I think the club know exactly where the money is coming from.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Alot, these backers i have been informed will not put money into a div1 club, yes i know its rumour but hearing from 2 different people has me worried just looking for answers' hope we are not being fobbed off,AGAIN:angry:

Whoever your source is talks a load of bullshit, What are we psychics as we might be in the premiership with 2 promotions or the conference with 2 relegations.

We are currently a div1 club but by the opening we WILL be back in the championship

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
That's a ridiculous rumour and simply NOT TRUE.

I hope you are right but i'm not as informed as you and some regulars on here just sounding out some real concerns that have come to light this week???

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I hope you are right but i'm not as informed as you and some regulars on here just sounding out some real concerns that have come to light this week???

It's the norm and some people have no idea about funding etc

No reason to be concerned at all, I ain't and i am a real sceptic when it comes to stuff like this (especially after Wembley) But even though i don't know as much as some people on here i am still confident the team will deliver the stadium on time:thumbsup:

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

I get the feeling that you will doubt that on December 25th, it is actually Christmas Day.

Sometimes you just have to have some faith in the people who are responsible for organising the situation, and leave them to it to come up with the goods, bad rumors start bad feelings my friend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here