Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Build a Bonfire

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No worries, thats £8 odd more than the last one which went on ebay so you got a good deal.

BTW - Don't advertise the ebay one to much - don't want to much competition ;)

I got mine on Amazon for only £14. They don't come up that often but you can leave an order open and they contact you when one turns up.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Didn't the author say recently thet there were plans to do a reprint?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Rangdo said:
Didn't the author say recently thet there were plans to do a reprint?

The publishers, Mainstream, often reprint their football titles in paperback long after the original hardback stocks have run out. I e-mailed them last year and asked if they were planning a reprint of 'Build A Bonfire', and they told me they weren't at that stage.

If they're considering a reprint now then I'd better get my copy on eBay a bit sharpish.....

The Laughing Bluebird said:
The publishers, Mainstream, often reprint their football titles in paperback long after the original hardback stocks have run out. I e-mailed them last year and asked if they were planning a reprint of 'Build A Bonfire', and they told me they weren't at that stage.

If they're considering a reprint now then I'd better get my copy on eBay a bit sharpish.....

One of the authors wrote on Brightonfans.com recently that they are looking into making more available, it sounds like he was talking about a new updated edition rather than a reprint.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
London Irish said:
One of the authors wrote on Brightonfans.com recently that they are looking into making more available, it sounds like he was talking about a new updated edition rather than a reprint.

Yep sorry, thats what I meant.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Upto £31.00 now, :eek: I was going to bid for it myself as another 2nd copy then sell it on again but not worth it now, cant see it going for much more

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Wookiee said:
Upto £31.00 now, :eek: I was going to bid for it myself as another 2nd copy then sell it on again but not worth it now, cant see it going for much more

£36 and climbing.

It'll go for close to 50-copies are becomng harder and harder to get hold of.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bwian said:
£36 and climbing.

It'll go for close to 50-copies are becomng harder and harder to get hold of.

I should be getting two library-soiled ("SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL" stamps overlayed with "SDCC EX-STOCK") copies in December... wonder how much I can fleece people for :lolol: :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
MYOB said:
I should be getting two library-soiled ("SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL" stamps overlayed with "SDCC EX-STOCK") copies in December... wonder how much I can fleece people for :lolol: :lolol:

I'm surprised that there are any copies of BAB in the Eire library system, let alone two!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And some lucky Albion fan has just got himself/herself a copy for 40 quid...and to think-a couple of years ago I gave a spare copy to an American who was interested in The Albion:shootself

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Bwian said:
And some lucky Albion fan has just got himself/herself a copy for 40 quid...and to think-a couple of years ago I gave a spare copy to an American who was interested in The Albion:shootself

Yep I'm that lucky Albion fan, and I'm definately not going to sell it to anybody.

When I assimilate my future offspring into all things Albion, I shall make sure that they read this book to get a better understanding of what this club has had to go through in the past few years.

And if they even think of supporting a premiership team, I shall twat them one.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Tokyo Seagull said:
Yep I'm that lucky Albion fan, and I'm definately not going to sell it to anybody.

When I assimilate my future offspring into all things Albion, I shall make sure that they read this book to get a better understanding of what this club has had to go through in the past few years.

And if they even think of supporting a premiership team, I shall twat them one.

Hello Phil_1983 (or whatever it was).

I'm the person who just outbid you on the last one a couple of weeks ago (using my wifes account on ebay). Glad you've got your hands on a copy now. I think that we were both desperate to get our hands on it!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Keep your eyes peeled for another mint condition copy of 'Build A Bonfire', along with a mint copy of 'More Than 90 Minutes' and a decent copy of 'Up, Up And Away'.

All will be available to lucky eBayers on Monday evening......

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here