Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget - next season

kalinx

Jan 11, 2006
Spoke to a family friend who has 2 very good mates very high up in the Albion board.

Each of them told him that our budget is going to be in the region of 30 million, I thought he was pulling my leg when he told me.

Im expecting people on here to tell me im an idiot when I post this, but I am just passing on what ive been told.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
of course it is

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
it's a lie, it is going to be one hundred billion dollars

dr-evil2.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
30 million! 30 bloody million.

I think someone might be taking the piss out of you there mate.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That seems a lot. Even so, we don't know how the board give over the playing budget. It may well be that the manager gets a lump sum to speand on fees/bonuses/wages/agents how he sees fit. It may be that the board reserve x for transfers, y for wages and bonuses and z amount for agents fees.

I think that it is very hard for us, as fans, to speculate on the budget because there are simply too many unknowns to everyone outside of the boardroom and manager's office.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If I heard that that was confirmed as TRUE, it would actually worry me a bit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure none of us have any idea of what the budget will be but with wages etc £30m represents about £576k per week = approx £25k per man ona 23 man squad which seems very high. What we also do not know is what is included in the budget ie wages, bonuses, transfer fees etc. I would be very happy if this was true and that as a club we were to be in the position to pay that sort of money as it would show that we mean business.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Whatever the budget,if we are to mount a serious challenge to gain automatic promotion we are going to have to buy some seriously good players.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A friend of mine spoke to Dick Knight the other day and he commented that just this season the wage budget had been doubled, although was still half of Leeds! Therefore if we realistically want to compete at the top end we will probably need to double it again. So this number doesn't seem that unrealistic.

For what it is worth being third hand information, Dick apparently came across quite resentful that Bloom has stolen his Falmer glory and was concerned that Bloom may be over spending, thus potentially putting all his sensible control on budgets over the years into jeopardy.

But hell let's enjoy the ride up the leagues and then we go bust we can do it all again! :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For what it is worth being third hand information, Dick apparently came across quite resentful that Bloom has stolen his Falmer glory and was concerned that Bloom may be over spending, thus potentially putting all his sensible control on budgets over the years into jeopardy.

:

Is that the difference between being wealthy enough to be chairman of a league club and not. This is not a dig at DK because he did a lot of good but TB is somewhat better placed financially so it appears.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A friend of mine spoke to Dick Knight the other day and he commented that just this season the wage budget had been doubled, although was still half of Leeds! Therefore if we realistically want to compete at the top end we will probably need to double it again. So this number doesn't seem that unrealistic.

But hell let's enjoy the ride up the leagues and then we go bust we can do it all again! :jester:

That's the only concern. If we go Bust! I don't think i can cope with a battle through administration

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is that the difference between being wealthy enough to be chairman of a league club and not. This is not a dig at DK because he did a lot of good but TB is somewhat better placed financially so it appears.

Indeed:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Each of them told him that our budget is going to be in the region of 30 million, I thought he was pulling my leg when he told me.

lets have a reality check. for a squad of 30, that would be 1m a player or average 19k a week. clearly a little ott for this level. say its split 50/50 between transfer budget and wages, that £15 million for transfers and still 9.5k av wages. thats the sort of transfer budget some of the premiership teams have and still wages would be top of championship/bottom EPL. its just not grounded in reality.

A friend of mine spoke to Dick Knight the other day and he commented that just this season the wage budget had been doubled,
Dick apparently came across quite resentful that Bloom has stolen his Falmer glory

slightly more realistic (whats the budget this year though?) and thats precisly why we need a Dick Knight Stand so we are all reminded how he saved the club.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Exactly, how many clubs in England would have that sort of budget? Chelsea, Man City and possibly Man Utd if they werent to busy spending money on making green and gold scarves?

I've been wondering about those scarves. Are they made by Man U and adoptedy the 'protestors' or are they made by someone ese thus depriving Man U of a tiny amount of revenue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here