Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget breakdown

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Odd budget from my perspective, taxed the lower earners through petrol, tobaccco and alcohol, and taxed the higher earners so that they'll probably move abroad. Odd...

Oh and it should be obvious to mst of you that people who are paid to "minimise the effect of tax" are smarter than the people paid to collect it....So they'll always avoid it whilst the government scrabbles around to close the loop...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Buzzer, you seem intersted in this whole politics rubbish why do't you become an MP or something?

Too many skeletons in my cupboard.

And having had a taster of trying to get involved in politics, too many compromises for too many tossers. And that was just the Tories.

NMH - Are you drunk man?

1. Because you keep telling me that it's the Tories that lie and cheat and double cross. And Labour are the honourable ones. And manifestos are supposed to mean something. You know. Trust. Honesty. Actually - it seems you haven't got the foggiest.
2. They avoided it before and they will avoid it again.
3. Are you seriously disregarding a professional and serious paper on why the tax increase won't work because a tory posted a link to it? You haven't even read it have you?

What's the point trying to debate when you've got your fingers in your ears and your head up Darling's arse?

I just don't roll with your myopic view of Cameron, and your insistence to IMMEDIATELY poo-poo Labour REGARDLESS of what they do.
Conservatives used to lie and pull the rugs, but now they can't because the voters elected Labour.
Labour decide to tax those who CAN afford it, who have been dodging it, who have been lying and cheating and screwing everyone, and prevent them from cashing in on pensions and tax dodges - but you WANT them to keep doing it because Maggie said they are okay, and deregulated the banks.
Go away with your drivel, it makes sense to no-one but you and anyone reaching desperately to try and deride the effort to right the ship that the real Tory sort have scuppered.

Oh, and someone's telling the future saying "it won't work"!
Oooh, I want to ride into the future with them, because they MUST have a better idea.... but they're not saying what their idea is....except "it won't be popular and thank god for Mrs Thatcher".
Yeah, I want those shit cards on my table, let me at least vote that I get taxed so the wealthy can skate, and assign themselves massive pensions while still making BANK. :shootself:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do you have a unique thought in your head?

My word you must have missed a lot of school!

Is that it?

Quite clearly I did a lot of school. I've been picking apart each and every one of your musings.

Come on, man. Let's raise the level of debate a bit to where it isn't at a "you didn't go to school". Can you do that?

Edit - clearly not. You even went back and had another shitty little go.

Ta ra. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Is that it?

Quite clearly I did a lot of school. I've been picking apart each and every one of your musings.

Come on, man. Let's raise the level of debate a bit to where it isn't at a "you didn't go to school". Can you do that?

Edit - clearly not. You even went back and had another shitty little go.

Ta ra. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Hahaha, you ARE funny. I just reduced my responses to the simple level you have ducked to. At least you confirm that you don't like a taste of your own medicine.

Oh, I won, and you are talking f***ing RUBBISH.

Want to keep going at this level?
You obviously like trying (and losing)

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Okay, let's look at the budget without stuff about the party who created it and the party that opposes it.

Raised taxes; 50% tax for the 1% top richest bracket.
Does this effect you?
Is this not a tax on the very people who can afford it, and have traditionally made up tax-dodges to avoid paying anyway?

So to address tax avoidance - Mr Darling expects to raise £1bn of extra revenue over the next three years by closing tax loopholes and schemes .

Cigarettes hiked; Large price rise on a pack of blunts.
Health-hazard aside, this is a 'luxury item' that no-one actually needs.
Many who indulge in it, don't even like smoking! They don't want to keep doing it. They do it habitually. It's unpleasant, affects other people around the smoker, yet they insist on smoking and paying for their habit

Beer tax increased; Average 3p a pint increase for instance.
So, how much can this mean to your evening out?
Say you consume 6 pints in an evening - let's be liberal and add 5p a pint.
30 pence more for your evening out.
You cannot drive after 6 pints anyway, so your consumption requires you pay for a taxi or public transport - so you already added a few pounds to those pints - but apparently didn't mind the fare home.

Petrol increases;
This will hit the larger vehicle drivers most. Those cars and trucks that burn the most fuel, will require that the driver pay for that luxury and think about their need for it. They'll have to look at their journeys more than ever.
Smart cars and the new low-emission lower-fuel-using electrically enhanced vehicles will be a better buy for many people.
Environmentally, this should be a good thing, whether this government inadvertently indicate this or not. Tax reliefs already exist for fuel efficient cars, and punitive levies for inefficient vehicles.

Borrowing; 175bn announced.
Straight after the World leaders met to discuss maintaining a present and help to enable future growth - Britain borrows.
This was to be expected, wasn't it?
It is a recession, so what DID people expect?

Pensioners;
Winter Fuel Allowance is to be kept at the higher level of £250 for over-60s and £400 for over-80s for another year.
From April 2011, pension tax relief for those with incomes over £150,000 will be restricted so it is gradually tapered to the 20pc rate.
Personal allowances are to be fully withdrawn for those with incomes over £100,000 from next April. Thus stopping the blatant scooping-up by such as bankers, who award themselves outrageous pensions!
The Chancellor confirmed his commitment to increase the basic state pension by at least 2.5pc, regardless of the Retail Price Index.
Capital disregard on Pension Credit is to be raised from £6,000 to £10,000 from November 2009

Education; £250m will be provided this year and £400m in 2010/11 for an additional 54,000 places in sixth form and further education colleges, with consequential provisions for Scotland, Wales and Northern.

Homes; A scheme will be introduced to guarantee securities backed by mortgages in a bid to increase lending.
The stamp duty holiday on properties sold for less than £175,000 will be extended until the end of the year.
An extra £80m is to be given to the HomeBuy Direct, the Government's shared equity mortgage scheme.
An extra £1bn will be provided to help homeowners and boost housing.
£500m of extra financial support will be provided to kick-start building on housing projects stalled because of the credit crunch, including £100m for councils to build new energy-efficient housing.

Jobs;
An additional £1.7bn for Job Centre Plus and the New Deal is to be provided.Additional support for people who have been out of work for 12 months.
From January everyone under the age of 25 who has been jobless for 12 months will be offered a job or a place in training.
Government will work with employers to create or support as many as 250,000 jobs.
£260m of new money will be allocated for training and subsidies for young people to help them gain skills and experience.
Statutory redundancy pay will increase from £350 to £380 a week.
These appear to be thoughtful stimuli for those out of work, in my opinion.

Business;
The Chancellor is extending help allowing loss-making companies to reclaim taxes on profits made in the last three years to November 2010.
This, surely, passes on the hope for stimulating economy at ground level, by helping struggling businesses to recover.
£2.5bn to encourage business investment in industries of the future.
New £750m Strategic Investment Fund to help emerging technologies and regionally important sectors in advanced businesses.
Businesses' main capital allowance rate doubled to 40pc, giving enhanced tax relief to support investment of £50bn this year.
This seems like a stimulus, overall

who are you some kind of boiffin or what.... who are you to judge people ????

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Hahaha, you ARE funny. I just reduced my responses to the simple level you have ducked to. At least you confirm that you don't like a taste of your own medicine.

You won? I think we'll all be the judge of that. At the moment you're losing on the intelligent debate stakes from my perspective...

But carry on...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Course you did. I counter with an Institute for Fiscal Studies report and a video linkto the IMF and you come back with "Buzzer didn't go to school".

Noam Chomsky's shitting in his pants as we speak.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
1. Good, I'm glad they did. Why would you NOT think it was a good thing, unless you are one of the filthy rich?

2. In the budget, had you read it, Labour are closing down their ways of avoiding taxes, and cutting out their moneygrabbing via pensions.

3. Who cares who has 'serious doubts' about the budget. I have even more serious doubts that a.n.otherparty would have been more direct and sensible with a budget, or suited me AND YOU (begging questions of WHAT is in it for you to vote tory, they DO NOT REPRESENT YOU!

u are a little hitler arnt u ??? mr know f all

NMH - Are you drunk man?

1. Because you keep telling me that it's the Tories that lie and cheat and double cross. And Labour are the honourable ones. And manifestos are supposed to mean something. You know. Trust. Honesty. Actually - it seems you haven't got the foggiest.
2. They avoided it before and they will avoid it again.
3. Are you seriously disregarding a professional and serious paper on why the tax increase won't work because a tory posted a link to it? You haven't even read it have you?

What's the point trying to debate when you've got your fingers in your ears and your head up Darling's arse?

That was just your first decline into disrespect of another point of view to your own.

So, where did you want a debate to go, when you ask if I'm drunk and say I have my fingers in my ears etc.
You are the one putting up the 'bulletproof screen' of talk-to-the-hand-cos-the-face-ain't-listening bullcrap, so what's to debate?

"You are dim, no you are, no, you are deaf and dim, no, you are....."

Someone even suggested you be a politician!! :laugh:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Pfft, the intelligent debate might be okay if you could manage to respond to the thread YOURSELF in an intelligent way. Seems you can't, so down goes another duck at the NSC fairground. Sad, really.

You actually just made me laugh, ducks? fairgrounds? and you're talking about intelligent contributions? :lol:

Very opinionated aren't you...

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Do you need to be clever to work out whoever is in charge that they will rip the working class off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here