Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2009 - Cameron DESTROYING Darling and Brown.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Question Time should be good tonight. Vince Cable is on - he'll rip the shit out of this budget.

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
Sure is , should be 75% :rant:

green-eyed-monster-bag-design.gif
:salute:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
As a matter of interest how many members of Labour's cabinet over the last ten years have been privately educated ?

No idea,but they are all indoctrinated with preserving the status quo (and their careers) so it doesn't matter.Cable for president!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm voting Lib-Dem next summer and If they can't take advantage this time round then they never will.Labour will lose people like me who see them as totally discredited but will not flock to the Conservatives if they have a memory, or don't like Eton clubs.

ps Buzzer, the Mail pro Labour??? haha

Sake. Can no-one read? Paul Dacre, the mail editor is a good chum of Brown's. I never ever ever ever ever ever said the paper was pro Labour.

Christ on a bike. Are you all taking lessons from NMH?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And just why are people so resentful of public school Tories? Genuine question as it never seemed to bother anyone that Blair went to Fettes.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And just why are people so resentful of public school Tories? Genuine question as it never seemed to bother anyone that Blair went to Fettes.

I think it is the balance issue Buzzer, of 130 front bench Conservative MP's, 15 went to Eton.

That seems disproportionate. I have no problem with private education per se, as in a free country people should be able to choose how they spend their money, be it on cars, houses, gambling, holidays, class 'A" drugs or education. But Eton is very elitist even by private education standards, and perhaps many feel that by having such a privileged background the MP's are out of touch with the day to day struggles that many of us have in making ends meet.

At the same time I have no time for the frankly grubby and greedy attitude of the likes of Jacqui Smith and her grumbleflick watching husband (despite my well known love of all things Frankie Vaughan related), they have no sense of public service or decency.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But is a labour frontbench who are privately educated any more in touch just because they went to Pangbourne or Westminster or Wellington?

And why does Blair not get that grief? Fettes is the Scottish Eton. To me, and I know I'm biased, it just looks like the green eyed monster and all a bit crap.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I love the way this lame 'green-eyed monster' excuse is chucked around by selfish rich people who feel no responsibility for society.

It's really simple. You either believe in a progressive taxation system where those who can afford to pay a bit more do for vital services and a safety net for those less fortunate - or you don't.

Let's just say that idiot Alan Brazil didn't do the 'let me keep all my money' crowd any favours when he was 'interviewing' the Chancellor this morning on talkSPORT. What a clown, all he talks about is champagne, skiing, and getting his nose in the trough on sporting corporate freebies. One fellow Glaswegian called in and absolutely slaughtered him.

And the other pathetic defence is the old 'I work hard, it's not worth getting out of bed for 50 per cent tax'.

FFS, we're talking about 50 per cent tax for everything OVER £150,000 of your English pounds a year, a not shabby household income which I believe puts you in the top one per cent of earners in this country. People in that situation have got nothing to moan about, and all this bollocks about them leaving the country, call their bluff. They won't.

It's also an insult to suggest people who earn £20-30,000 don't work hard. Millions do, and some in jobs many of us would consider pretty important, like nurses. Paramedics work 12-hour shifts. Is that working hard?

Sake. Can no-one read? Paul Dacre, the mail editor is a good chum of Brown's. I never ever ever ever ever ever said the paper was pro Labour.

Christ on a bike. Are you all taking lessons from NMH?

You really become a wanker when it comes to political subjects, like you know everything and any subjective opinion is too ridiculous for your tiny mind to consider.

It's not new though Buzzer, I heard the same shit from Republicans defending the indefensible "crusader" Bush, who could barely even manage to speak in his own language.

It's piss-poor to be honest, and you display an unexpected ignorance that will prevent you from being respected as a voiced opinion yourself.
Yeah, "you should be an MP" :tosser:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This really is hard work today. Must be the way I tell 'em. The green eyed monster quote refers specifically to people going on about Tory toffs and that they went to public school. I thought that was clear. Obviously not.

I don't think too many people oppose a progressive tax regime. It just needs to be effective. Most commentators and some thinktanks think it won't be. It puts us the wrong side of the Laffer Curve.

If you want to do something really radical then increase the higher rate of tax to 45% for all higher rate tax payers. It only affects 10% of all taxpayers and will raise lots more. It's harsh, it's gonna be unpopular but if you did it with guaranteed public sector cuts and you promise to drop it back in say 4 years time and I mean really pare back the public sector then it could just work. Goes against orthodox Tory dogma, I know but tough times call for tough measures

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You really become a wanker when it comes to political subjects, like you know everything and any subjective opinion is too ridiculous for your tiny mind to consider.

It's not new though Buzzer, I heard the same shit from Republicans defending the indefensible "crusader" Bush, who could barely even manage to speak in his own language.

It's piss-poor to be honest, and you display an unexpected ignorance that will prevent you from being respected as a voiced opinion yourself.
Yeah, "you should be an MP" :tosser:

Blimey. Talk about pot and kettle.

But is a labour frontbench who are privately educated any more in touch just because they went to Pangbourne or Westminster or Wellington?

No, source of education means zip when it comes to political sense.

Labour should have been smarter during Blair's time, and he's made mistakes and overlooked things that defy belief.
Bush's WMDs, politicians milking the system and the loopholes, losing massive amounts of digital information..... etc etc.

If the tories weren't so sorry-arsed and poorly led, they likely would have been the incumbent before now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If the tories weren't so sorry-arsed and poorly led, they likely would have been the incumbent before now.

Labour were never going to get voted out whilst they kept the faux-boom going and making everyone 'richer'. Although they did shoot themselves in the foot with some poor leaders.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well I actually don't believe I'm the only one who finds your opinionated pontificating overblown.

Buzzer admits to being biased, but backs him statements and beliefs up with fact, opinion and theory. As opposed to sniping at a past leader who has not been in office for near on two decades and carrying on with the insane obsession of inverse snobbery, when it comes to the education background of the Tory party.

These debates offer very little in why I should vote for Labour rather than why I shouldn't vote for the Conservatives. Not even the most ardent Labour supporters have blown the trumpet of their own party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here