Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2009 - Cameron DESTROYING Darling and Brown.

And the shame is you used to be a decent bloke.

Get over yourself - passing judgement isn't your strong point is it US?

All he did was make an astute and funny remark and you have gone all spastic about it.

It's easy to sit back like that dullard Prawn... er.... I mean Cameron, and pass his usual shoot-down comments - while most of the time he's either CLUELESS or he's the one vetoing every good suggestion or move by Labour to address a real situation.
Blaming them for this recession (a WORLD recession, by the way, that such as China have to take seriously) is just blithering gibberish, and he really should bog the f*** off and sit with the French and Germans.
His poo-pooing of every effort reminds me more of Lord Haw-Haw in WWII, and it would be appropriate if he did cross the channel to join them.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm a bit worried about George Osborne, head lolling about on the Oppposition front bench, grinning like the mother of all village idiots. Doesn't seem to be all there.

I think he was simply in AWE of Super Dave, Tom.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
David Cameron is presently DESTROYING Darling's PATHETIC 2009 budget. :thumbsup:

Is that really a surprise, he probably had a wet dream last night with excitement as he knew Darling would be on a hiding for nothing today irrespective of whether or not he is personally responsible for causing the GLOBAL ressession.

House of Commons=Nursery School, all MP's are spoit brats who never grew up and I have little respect for any of them

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Get over yourself - passing judgement isn't your strong point is it US?

All he did was make an astute and funny remark and you have gone all spastic about it.

It's easy to sit back like that dullard Prawn... er.... I mean Cameron, and pass his usual shoot-down comments - while most of the time he's either CLUELESS or he's the one vetoing every good suggestion or move by Labour to address a real situation.
Blaming them for this recession (a WORLD recession, by the way, that such as China have to take seriously) is just blithering gibberish, and he really should bog the f*** off and sit with the French and Germans.
His poo-pooing of every effort reminds me more of Lord Haw-Haw in WWII, and it would be appropriate if he did cross the channel to join them.

Yes Yes it was so funny my sides are literally aching. Oh to be such a wit.

Quite right, should be much higher.

Raise income tax too high and all the high earners piss off or ring fence their earnings so we not only lose all of their tax revenue but also the economic benefits they generate. Nice in theory but it doesn't create overall benefits to the economy in practice.

And anyway, as Titanic has rightly pointed out, it sounds great to the masses but it raises very little revenue. That said I think the government are right to introduce the 50% band at this time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Decades to come, Dandyman. My grandchildren will still be paying these debts.

Don't you agree tho that the decisive actions over the past six months have staved off a potential collapse of the entire banking system which would have affected your grandchildren, and indeed your children, far more? Was never going to come cheap. Desperate times, desperate measures.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I find these debates hilarious as smug bully boys launch in revealing thier tribal loyalties and little else. Party badges to one side for a moment, what exactly could have been done better to cope with the current crisis, and what exactly is wrong about the current budget.
Oh and if you're advocating spending cuts, where from? And no efficiency savings isn't a proper answer.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I am a leftie and this increase in tax is ill thought and and worthless against the huge amount of borrowing. This government makes me more and more despondent

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What I'd like to know is why, if our schools have had super-investment and our kids are more successful at passing exams, do we need to throw even more money at them when they come out of school by GUARANTEEING them a job or training if they've been unemployed for more than a year.

If our kids are so clever how come they can't get jobs, the taxpayer is having to bail out industry and commerce and this country is in the shit?

Jan 30, 2008
the whole problem we have at the moment is purely down to greed, what ever anyone suggests to get us out of the mess is never going to suite everyone's ideals ,there's always going to be winners and losers in this game, time to bite the bullet for the time being i'm afraid U/S

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here