Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley - could he attract a bid from the Premiership?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
SUPER thread title :rollseyes:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Norwich are probably waiting till the summer. If they stay up we better brace ourselves...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Watford have a sell on clause. Pointless selling him for anything less than 2 million

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
If we're serious about an assault on the Premiership, then we should be keeping players of Buckleys quality

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If we're serious about an assault on the Premiership, then we should be keeping players of Buckleys quality

Exactly.

We didn't pay £1 million for him at the start of this season to hand him over to the first Premiership club to start sniffing around for a small profit.

I reckon Gus sees him as a key part of this team over the next few years, and I can't see him going to the Premiership in the next couple of years unless it's with us. We no long need to be a selling club to pay the bills and Buckley is exactly the kind of talent we need to be keeping here.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Way too early for such speculation. Key unproven factors would be his fitness, consistency and of course whether he could step up the standard. Let's not forget that one or two of our squad looked brilliant last season but the step up has found them out to varying degrees.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Why do some people see us a selling club still? TB is investing big money into the club and Gus is turning this team into something I could only dream about, so I can't see us selling our best players anytime soon & Gus or TB wont want to do this whilst we aim for promotion within the next few years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hugo go to bed, dear chap

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Clearly premiership quality. The only question is fitness and that will put them off at this stage. Remember a Watford supporting friend of mine saying 'if you'd given us an extra couple of hundred grand we'd have sent you some spare hamstrings as well, he certainly needs them'. He was pretty accurate! If he stays fit he is comfortably a top 10 premiership side player.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Best player we've had for years, best finisher we've had for years.

I agree with the school boy, we'd be lucky to keep hold of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here