Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport (inc 38 Premier League matches) - FREE if you have BT Broadband

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Won't they manage to give you this channel for free? Considering you did work for BT for 20+ years, I'd get on the phone to them :albion2:

They'll tell me to **** off after forking out the equivalent of 2 years salary as a redundancy payment :lolol:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
They should bring in the media whores, Harry Redknapp and Ian 'i love myself!' Holloway. They'd be top, top appointments!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very interesting

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I think they had a similar thing happen in Singapore (might have been somewhere else). One provider had exclusive rights and high prices so they divided the rights up to increase competition, but what happened then is consumers then had to subscribe to both providers to get all the matches again, which worked out more expensive!

Surely it would be better if both Sky and BT could both broadcast the same matches, rather than each having their own exclusive ones? Would force them to keep prices down.

I think I'll stick to my VPN and Malaysian subscription and 380 matches live (if BHA reach the promised land that is)!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah, true.

(Just heard that BT is undercutting Sky by 80% in the pub market...)

There will still be a decent profit margin even after undercutting Sky's commercial subscription by 80% :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Surely it would be better if both Sky and BT could both broadcast the same matches, rather than each having their own exclusive ones? Would force them to keep prices down.

Sky and now BT pay the Premier League hundreds of millions a season to get a competitive advantage over their telecomms rivals. They have no interest in collaborating. And thanks to a free market, they can't be forced to.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Lovely, thanks for that!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
with the BT deal though you miss out on ESPN? wuld be interested to know what ESPN actually have now, I've always liked it because of ESPN america

ESPN America will morph into ESPN

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
£12 a month on Sky for BT Sport HD1, HD2 and ESPNHD seems a good deal to me - HD free for a year if ordered before Aug 1st. Will rise to £15 a month in Aug 2014.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They've just announced Tim Lovejoy will be a presenter.

For that reason: I'm out.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Actually I'd like to see it presented by Jilly Goolden and Oz Clarke. The Mulder & Scully of 90's food-based light entertainment.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Fullscreen-capture-18112012-230926.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If the top games on BT are lunchtime no point signing up as will be able to watch at the Amex ahead of home game or will be at away game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£12 a month on Sky for BT Sport HD1, HD2 and ESPNHD seems a good deal to me - HD free for a year if ordered before Aug 1st. Will rise to £15 a month in Aug 2014.

I think the price point is too high for existing Sky customers with the full package or just sports. £9.99 a month would have seen more Sky customers paying for the standalone BT Sports package who don't want to switch to BT for the broadband deal. More people are likely to be watching these games at the local pub when it goes up to £15 a month next summer.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think (hope) ESPN America retains it's own identity as it is the only sports channel I watch. If that has left Virgin along with the UK version I shall be seriously unhappy.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I had BT Infinity installed last month so I'm happy.

But how do I watch this on my TV?

I've got an old sky satellite box that I use to watch 'free sat from sky'. Will I be able to pick it up on there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here