Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Broadband Internet

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Am having nothing but problems with them. Cuts out 50 per cent of the time over the last 5 weeks and then have to spend hours talking with our friends on the sub-continent with their technical dept. there are obviously problems there -they even give out the phone prefix problem areas except I cant hear because o the faults online - so what I want to know is can anyone on here recommend another broadband provider that don't take the piss like BT.
I have had the same with my BT Total Broadband over the last 5 weeks or so. I suspect it will sort itself out. Meanwhile, I haven't phoned them up, I've just reset the unit, reconnected through my laptop Control panel and made sure my Intel wireless has not disabled. Usually takes about 10 minutes max to restore, but a bit of a pain. I assumed it was just heavy pre and post Christmas useage. Not planning to change provider though.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
When it cuts out does restarting the router work? If not its a problem somewhere on the line, if yes could be problem with router OR some jizz-monkey is trying to crack your password with packet injection.

UaeGull

Dec 21, 2007
I'm with O2. Usually it's excellent but problems connecting recently, and a different story each time I rang customer services and an age before BT Technician could come out and investigate. I decided to take matters into my own hands, went to Maplins and bought a new ASDL filter (9.99) that connects to the phone socket and separates the 'phone from the modem. They can sometimes go wonky! Result, everything back to normal and cancellation of BT engineer visit and time off work. I'm not sure of the quality of the two I was originally supplied with. One didn't work from the start, and the second one is now clearly duff too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's quite simple... You ring up say its not working. And they send an engineer out to fix it.

But first You check to see if the line is bad at your main socket - disconnect any extensions. If its bad at the main socket then its BT's fault and you dont get charged.

I know this because I had to do it myself when my line was f***ed. It was a very easy process and yes I spoke to someone in India first.

Oh you poor deluded fool ..... clearly you've not has very many dealings with BT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 22389

Am having nothing but problems with them. Cuts out 50 per cent of the time over the last 5 weeks and then have to spend hours talking with our friends on the sub-continent with their technical dept. there are obviously problems there -they even give out the phone prefix problem areas except I cant hear because o the faults online - so what I want to know is can anyone on here recommend another broadband provider that don't take the piss like BT.

You in Peacehaven by any chance?

D

Deleted member 18477

Oh you poor deluded fool ..... clearly you've not has very many dealings with BT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So because I've had good experiences I'm a deluded fool? Every time I've dealt with them it's been very easy and pain free. I do exactly what they tell me I.e. unplug extensions etc and test it bla bla. And it always gets resolved very quickly!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I had a similar problem with my BT signal until I changed the channel on the router. Been fine ever since.

Jaxson33

Feb 1, 2013
United States
Boradband internet is very good and i am also using this at my home with WiFi i am using Broad Band DSL internet and this internet have good speed of browsing i am using this for browsing and downloading and all other work and it's providing me good speed....

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Boradband internet is very good and i am also using this at my home with WiFi i am using Broad Band DSL internet and this internet have good speed of browsing i am using this for browsing and downloading and all other work and it's providing me good speed....

Sorry for asking but why are you dragging up old computer threads and making pointless comments in very bad written English?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Me heap big happy with me brordband now. No 3 engineer he say bad bad wire back to totem pole and he do new for heap big grumpy me. BT still large **** people.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Me heap big happy with me brordband now. No 3 engineer he say bad bad wire back to totem pole and he do new for heap big grumpy me. BT still large **** people.

That is probably the funniest thing I have ever read on the internet, had me crying with laughter.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Queen Victoria, very nice man! :unclesam:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here