I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Codner had a blinder that day......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I love your official match threads. You are intrinsically linked with our league 1 campaign as far as Im concerned. Always won with your threads.

Your 4 goals were special also. :thumbsup:

Gawd bless you m'lord! :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
16th January 1991 to be precise

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Christ I LOVED the north stand

I know what you mean, whilst the Amex is magnificent there is something special about the North Stand that will always stay with those who experienced matches at the Goldstone.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I remember it well. Sadly though I was sitting in the South Stand and I think all the goals were in front of the North Stand. I think Mick Quinn had just scored to put Newcastle 2-1 up and I was thinking, "oh no, here we go again" (Quinn had utterly destroyed us when we played them in 1988-1989) and then thought, "wow, we've discovered a gem here". Wasn't it just before the Liverpool FA Cup game, where Lloyd played Wade up front with Small and Byrne in midfield? Wade was completely anonymous and we looked like being swamped until Lloyd took him off and threw Byrne up front, and then faded after that (did he score again?) It was also the night the Gulf War started too I think. I remember getting home and wanting to watch football highlights, and feeling hacked off that ITV was carrying constant CNN. Perhaps as a 21 year old then I didn't quite appreciate the significance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was in the North West corner for that game. Great memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here