Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bryan Robson "relieved of duties"

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
Firstly it's difficult to attract players to Middlebrough so they have had to pay over the odds to get a number of the players they've signed, also I doubt whether they'd have signed if they weren't playing for someone like Robson.

Secondly, you make no mention of the amount of money he recouped which was in the region of £40 million.

Yeah... but £8.15 for Maccarone..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Isn't Mickey a big Blades fan? I don't think Adams will be out of a manager's job for too much longer, which is a shame because we might need him come the summer...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

True, but I saw him play for Italy U-21's against England U-21's before he signed for Middlesbrough and he looked awesome.

Even the best managers make bad signings, Sir Alex has made some chronic ones over the years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Even the best managers make bad signings, Sir Alex has made some chronic ones over the years.
Yeah, about 3 in two decades. And he only paid 4m for Massimo Taibi. About HALF what 'Robbo' paid for that fat Italian.

Robson was f***ing useless.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yeah, about 3 in two decades. And he only paid 4m for Massimo Taibi. About HALF what 'Robbo' paid for that fat Italian.

Robson was f***ing useless.

More than that, two notable midfield signings in recent years.

Eric Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson for starters....

:thud:

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
Robson had been absolutely shit this season. I'd take Warnock over him any day. The United fans are, admittedly a lttle hopefully, wanting Allardyce.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Juan Sebastian Veron anybody? Diego Forlan? Mark Bosnich? the list is very long.

Fergie has almost as many misses as hits. The fact that his squad is so large covers up his transfer disasters very nicely. Teams like Middlesborough, Fulham, Blackburn just can't afford to make those costly mistakes in the same way Man Utd and Chelski can.

edit: Even with the above though I still think Robson is very average and only produces on very rare occasions.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

What kind of money did Middlesbrough get from their UEFA Cup run? I know McClaren was in charge but Maccarone got them through at least a couple of those ties...some money recouped?

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
What kind of money did Middlesbrough get from their UEFA Cup run? I know McClaren was in charge but Maccarone got them through at least a couple of those ties...some money recouped?

I don't know enough about that - perhaps.. but then when you factor in wages/bonuses (obviously not goal-scoring bonuses..) and signing on fees he still was an expensive "Robbo" disaster

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
I don't care, I just seem to have this fixation with Massimo Maccarone, i don't know why but i can't stand the bloke

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I don't care, I just seem to have this fixation with Massimo Maccarone, i don't know why but i can't stand the bloke

Carrick for 18 odd million isnt to great ever def paying over the odds.

edit* not sure why that quoted has no relevence at all!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Isn't Mickey a big Blades fan? I don't think Adams will be out of a manager's job for too much longer, which is a shame because we might need him come the summer...

not sure why they would want him - he hasnt exactly set the world alight since leaving us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here