Bruno: Forgive or Forget?

• Forgive

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Forget

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I don't know how you can be sure, in the absolute literal sense.

We don't know who the new manager is yet, we don't know what team he will bring with him and we don't know what role Bruno would have played in the new setup.

Beyond that, he is now coaching absolute elite world-class players who are competing at the very highest level.

Beyond that 2: he will be learning about what it's like to move to a new club, where everything is unfamiliar, where respect of a new group of players will need to be earned - exactly the thing that happens when a manager arrives at a new club. At the Albion he was part of the furniture - he moved from playing to coaching and, although the squad has gradually evolved, he has been coaching players he played with.

He has a huge amount to learn with his move to Chelsea, so I don't know how anyone can be absolutely sure there was more to learn by staying where he was.

Of course he would learn something new from a newly appointed coach , can’t believe g
How you can’t believe that , he basically jumped ship for more money , no loyalty to the club or fans , so for me he is just like all the all the greedy players in todays game

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I have some information to share that has come from a source very close to Bruno . I can’t tell you who , but it is a very close source to him and this is not speculation by me this is factual . This information is first hand .

Bruno did not wish to leave the club but he understandably could not be given any guarantees that whoever the new manager is would want to keep him in his senior coaching role . Bruno’s ultimate aim is to become a manager in his own right . Because if this he decided it was best to accept the offer to move with Potter along with the increased financial offer which was too good to turn down .

Ok that bit is probably not anything that most fans couldn’t guess however the next bit is the most important -

Bruno has been receiving a lot of abuse since his decision to move as well as death threats and whilst Bruno and his family are still living in Brighton , they are seriously considering whether they should move out of our city because of the amount and level of abuse .

I want to say that as Brighton fans , we are far better than this and no one should be directing any abuse towards him full stop .

I was ashamed when I heard this . I respectfully ask that if anyone knows anyone that is in any way involved in this abuse that they speak to them and make them aware that it needs to stop immediately. It is completely unacceptable.

Thank you for reading .
That's awful, but the excuse provided for leaving is pathetic. Very poor effort with that.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
I have some information to share that has come from a source very close to Bruno . I can’t tell you who , but it is a very close source to him and this is not speculation by me this is factual . This information is first hand .

Bruno did not wish to leave the club but he understandably could not be given any guarantees that whoever the new manager is would want to keep him in his senior coaching role . Bruno’s ultimate aim is to become a manager in his own right . Because if this he decided it was best to accept the offer to move with Potter along with the increased financial offer which was too good to turn down .

Ok that bit is probably not anything that most fans couldn’t guess however the next bit is the most important -

Bruno has been receiving a lot of abuse since his decision to move as well as death threats and whilst Bruno and his family are still living in Brighton , they are seriously considering whether they should move out of our city because of the amount and level of abuse .

I want to say that as Brighton fans , we are far better than this and no one should be directing any abuse towards him full stop .

I was ashamed when I heard this . I respectfully ask that if anyone knows anyone that is in any way involved in this abuse that they speak to them and make them aware that it needs to stop immediately. It is completely unacceptable.

Thank you for reading .

Thanks for sharing. Disgusting. Hope those who’ve abuse him feel thoroughly ashamed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That is discussing we have some proper nutjobs as fans.:wanker::wanker:

We have a few on here, maybe these Bruno haters can step forward now.:rant:

Didn’t you start a thread about stalking a woman ?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'll probably just repeat what many have already have said, but I'd like to know (honestly) how many of the anti-Bruno crew would have done the same in his shoes? The chance to earn significantly more, at a high profile organisation, working for someone you know and respect. For most people it would be an absolute no-brainer. Much as we love Bruno, we are FANS - and he was an EMPLOYEE. He obviously has a huge soft spot for BHA, but he hasn't got the same relationship with the club as we have. I was gutted when I found out he was leaving, but I don't blame him at all. He was an Albion legend. A truly special individual. I wish him well. I hope we do the right thing and chant his name (positively) on 29th October.

TB must also have been gutted, but he's done the right thing - let Bruno leave, and even welcomed the guys back for a friendly just a few days later. We often think BHA does thjngs the right way, shows class, etc. Hopefully we can put our emotions to one side and be classy this time, too. (sorry if that sounds a bit preachy).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll probably just repeat what many have already have said, but I'd like to know (honestly) how many of the anti-Bruno crew would have done the same in his shoes? The chance to earn significantly more, at a high profile organisation, working for someone you know and respect. For most people it would be an absolute no-brainer. Much as we love Bruno, we are FANS - and he was an EMPLOYEE. He obviously has a huge soft spot for BHA, but he hasn't got the same relationship with the club as we have. I was gutted when I found out he was leaving, but I don't blame him at all. He was an Albion legend. A truly special individual. I wish him well. I hope we do the right thing and chant his name (positively) on 29th October.

TB must also have been gutted, but he's done the right thing - let Bruno leave, and even welcomed the guys back for a friendly just a few days later. We often think BHA does thjngs the right way, shows class, etc. Hopefully we can put our emotions to one side and be classy this time, too. (sorry if that sounds a bit preachy).

I have done the same. Late 2020 my old boss had joined a new firm and after a 3 month "no poach" was complete he brought me and two others to the new firm for more money. It's a better job, better paid and I'm mostly happier. BUT - it's more chaotic, less secure (especially if the guy who recruited me goes) and I had to take a lot of pressure from my old place, including a call with the CEO. It wasn't all fun.

So, look, I don't blame Bruno (never have), understand why he left (because someone I trust told me why) and don't agree with the abuse. It comes with a whole big helping of BUT though.

BUT he may not be happier. It's a huge risk for Potter, even bigger for him
BUT he can't possibly have hoped to have just lived in Brighton still with absolutely no one getting upset. Surely? Very naïve.
BUT I genuinely don't think there's an angry mob outside his house. Just some spotty teens who can't wrap their heads round it getting lairy on Insta. People who probably haven't been taken from one job to another by an old boss.
BUT I still don't forgive Potter for clearing us out. As much as I understand it from my own experience it's classless to repay Bloom's loyalty and class by wrecking our season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He just did or have you not read the news

After ten magnificent years for us (was there a small break in the middle?), Bruno moves upwards. Just once. The OP says because TB/PB couldn’t guarantee his job under the next manager … this may be a Chinese whisper or the truth.

In a sport of mercenaries, vast dosh and job hoppers, Bruno appears fairly loyal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Of course he would learn something new from a newly appointed coach , can’t believe g
How you can’t believe that , he basically jumped ship for more money , no loyalty to the club or fans , so for me he is just like all the all the greedy players in todays game

I didn't say "he wouldn't learn anything from a new coach" though. Read it back. Multiple times if required.

I was responding to this point: "I am sure he would have learnt more from the incoming coach"

I was emphasised the key word there, to help; more.

I don't doubt for one second that Bruno would learn working with a new head coach/manager at the Albion. But, again, I wasn't suggesting otherwise.

I was merely stating that I don't know how anyone can say with 100% certainty that he would learn MORE by staying put than moving to Chelsea. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't - I have no idea.

Hope this helps.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
Of course the new manager would have kept him - knows the players and history, and spanish.......having that around one person is valuable. He could have just put cones out. This is PR from the club for sure.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have to admit I was a bit miffed when I found out that he had gone as well but I can understand why. I can understand why people are angry too. But people giving abuse to him is wrong, simple.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm afraid that we have acquired a whole lot of very entitled fans who know and care very little of our history and share very few of the values that most of those here on NSC do.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I have to admit I was a bit miffed when I found out that he had gone as well but I can understand why. I can understand why people are angry too. But people giving abuse to him is wrong, simple.

We live in times where people want to be angry about something ... or multiple things! Anger is an unhealthy pastime.

I'm not angry at Bruno. I doubt we will ever know the exact circumstances relating to Bruno's position and the decision he made. It's all speculation whatever stance people take.

I wish him well and hope some day a situation arises that means he can return.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm afraid that we have acquired a whole lot of very entitled fans who know and care very little of our history and share very few of the values that most of those here on NSC do.

ACQUIRED?

My son is 15. He's known nothing but the Amex. I took him to Withdean once when he was 4, to say his first game was there, but he can't remember it. He bleeds blue and white, has never supported any other club and has done loads more away games than I had at his age. But he knows us as a successful Championship / Premier League club, and, yes, was upset by Bruno and Potter leaving. That's ok isn't it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ACQUIRED?

My son is 15. He's known nothing but the Amex. I took him to Withdean once when he was 4, to say his first game was there, but he can't remember it. He bleeds blue and white, has never supported any other club and has done loads more away games than I had at his age. But he knows us as a successful Championship / Premier League club, and, yes, was upset by Bruno and Potter leaving. That's ok isn't it?

I think he may have been referring to the dickheads abusing and threatening Bruno, it is very much a recent thing :shrug:

I know there was a bit of this is the war years but the betrayal was 100 times worse and I’m not convinced Bruno has actually betrayed us either

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think he may have been referring to the dickheads abusing and threatening Bruno, it is very much a recent thing :shrug:

I know there was a bit of this is the war years but the betrayal was 100 times worse and I’m not convinced Bruno has actually betrayed us either

He hasnt betrayed us. He got offered and opportunity, and took it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here