Bruno: Forgive or Forget?

• Forgive

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Forget

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Well only one of us has written on here about wanting to kill someone and going round carrying a knife. And it wasn't me.

The point of the post you half quote is relevant though. Scrawling a badly written note and leaving it on a restaurant window isn't even close to a bunch of Ultras turning up at your house or training ground. It's bad but that's probably the extent of the act. Same with these internet "death threats". Almost always some speccy kid in his mum's bedroom taking out his disappointment the only way he knows how. Bad? Yes. Disgraceful? Yes. Large group of men outside the house with burning pitchforks? Not quite. It's happened when people have done bad "fouls" (Maupay) or missed penalties or got sent off and it's almost always someone on the other side of the world, someone under 16 whose brain is still developing or some mentally-sub-normal labourer with no friends.

Bruno left for the reasons [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] highlighted, something I wrote on here too. That doesn't mean I accepted it particularly. Others will still be coming to terms with it. It'll settle down once we've got a new manager and be forgotten about apart from when we play Chelsea after that.

This definitely makes up a very large percentage of the abuse etc that I see on social media.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why are you ashamed ? You can’t be held responsible for something you didn’t do.

It’s guilt by association, which I totally understand. I wouldn’t say I’m ashamed, but certainly disappointed by idiots like the ones mentioned.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Shameful if so :nono::nono:

I along with many were disappointed by his departure certainly more disappointed with his move rather than that of Potter but disappointed and pissed off is a long way from being angry and aggressive to someone. Totally unacceptable that he has been directly abused certainly doesn't deserve that.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I'm pretty certain I read a credible quote at the time that the club said there would always be a job for Bruno.

Maybe my wild imagination conjured that up :shrug:

Anyway, it still seems unlikely they would turf him out.

As for the rest, well really people should have moved on now from death threat levels of anger.

A sorry tale all in all.

I’m sure the club would have kept him in a job, but would it be the same one? He was a first team coach under Potter and the new manager might not have wanted him as a first team coach.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m sure the club would have kept him in a job, but would it be the same one? He was a first team coach under Potter and the new manager might not have wanted him as a first team coach.

….and he potentially wouldn’t have the same development opportunities, nor be able to work under a coach he got on with, and wouldn’t have massively increased his salary. No-brainer for him to go, regardless of how we all feel/felt about it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well said ... :thumbsup:

Sadly it's a common occurrence on social media ... and forums like this one ... as it's so easy to just sit behind a keyboard!

I hope any serious threats/concerns are followed up by the police.

Firstly any abuse to Bruno and his family is utterly despicable and totally deplorable.
Secondly I too was upset but fully understood the magnitude too the decision to not only himself but first and foremost his family and their security financially.
Thirdly your comments about social media are probably correct, I don’t partake in Twitter or Facebook precisely for the faceless abuse and pure trolling by some folk. I do however disagree about your comment on NSC, I feel NSC is not like that as a general rule, and if anyone does step out of line not only do Bozza and the team step in, we police ourselves and call people out.

Yes, I said at the time on here, I felt let down, and joked about defacing the mural, I would never do that, or go on line and send personal messages of hatred.

I wish Bruno and his family all the best for the future and hope they stay here in Sussex.

AbusetoBruno#Notinmyname.

Truth I was more upset he left than the Queen dying, that tells you all you need to know.
And I’m sure I’m not alone.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unfortunately social media can be very toxic and gives morons access to anyone. It’s also a magnet for bellends and you get a higher % of them using it. I’m disappointed in Bruno - not sure I buy the excuse as sure there would have been a role for him but still if I saw him I’d have a chat. He’s still a legend for me and many more level headed fans. You can be disappointed in someone but still respect them - it’s not a case of having to go 100% one way or the other… some can’t grasp that.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Firstly any abuse to Bruno and his family is utterly despicable and totally deplorable.
Secondly I too was upset but fully understood the magnitude too the decision to not only himself but first and foremost his family and their security financially.
Thirdly your comments about social media are probably correct, I don’t partake in Twitter or Facebook precisely for the faceless abuse and pure trolling by some folk. I do however disagree about your comment on NSC, I feel NSC is not like that as a general rule, and if anyone does step out of line not only do Bozza and the team step in, we police ourselves and call people out.

Yes, I said at the time on here, I felt let down, and joked about defacing the mural, I would never do that, or go on line and send personal messages of hatred.

I wish Bruno and his family all the best for the future and hope they stay here in Sussex.

AbusetoBruno#Notinmyname.

Truth I was more upset he left than the Queen dying, that tells you all you need to know.
And I’m sure I’m not alone.

I agree ... and understand your upset.

I do though think that some of the posts we've seen about the passing of the Queen and the people queuing ... and what's in the coffin etc etc ... to be disrespectful to say the least ... and unnecessary. The problem is exacerbated by the same (small) number of people repeating their views again and again and again. Nothing has been done to stop that ... other than a few members calling these people out ... but it doesn't stop them repeating their disrespectful comments ... again ... and again ... and again.

No mods have commented to cut it out ... which says to me that these comments are fine and dandy!!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Personally I think you have some valid points about the post you're highlighting, but I don't think you are winning many over with the way you present your argument, and trying to bring in some personal argument from another thread and another time really isn't helping :shrug:

To be fair, I think most on here would benefit from redoing the persuasive writing part of their GCSE/O-level.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Once again, death threats should be reported to the Police asap and online abuse condemned, but, as it stands ... an entire thread full of opinions based on hearsay with no verifiable evidence of even one threatening or abusive/unacceptable comment apparently posted online plus some bloke from Sweden trying to push an agenda.
He's an Entity now, you know - do keep up! :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree ... and understand your upset.

I do though think that some of the posts we've seen about the passing of the Queen and the people queuing ... and what's in the coffin etc etc ... to be disrespectful to say the least ... and unnecessary. The problem is exacerbated by the same (small) number of people repeating their views again and again and again. Nothing has been done to stop that ... other than a few members calling these people out ... but it doesn't stop them repeating their disrespectful comments ... again ... and again ... and again.

No mods have commented to cut it out ... which says to me that these comments are fine and dandy!!

Less is more. Telling everyone multi times a day, every day, how much dislike someone or something …. carries no extra weight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
99% of us love you Bruno don't let the 1% win

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'm sure the club could and would have found him an ongoing role of some sort - but obviously coudn't guarantee the same role with a new manager coming in, so career-wise it made sense for him to move and stay with a (management) team he'd bought into. Shame for us, but........................

Out of interest, what was his role and position in the hierachy pre-Potter? Did Potter give him the role, or just accept Bruno already being in the role?

When he first joined the coaching setup he was Senior Player Development Coach, this happened a couple of months after Potter arrived (Bruno retired in what turned out to be CH last game in charge against Man City). You would assume that Potter had the final say in Bruno getting that job as it was part of the first team coaching setup rather than the U23s/U18s.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
To be fair, I think most on here would benefit from redoing the persuasive writing part of their GCSE/O-level.

Persuasive writing? What’s that?…. Says the man who did his O-levels in 1969.

Disappointed when Bruno left, but still think he must be one of the nicest most genuine people in football.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When he first joined the coaching setup he was Senior Player Development Coach, this happened a couple of months after Potter arrived (Bruno retired in what turned out to be CH last game in charge against Man City). You would assume that Potter had the final say in Bruno getting that job as it was part of the first team coaching setup rather than the U23s/U18s.

Yes, though fair to say Bloom and Barber would have given a fairly heavy steer, as per Nathan Jones and Oatway previously. We are very good at looking after ex-players.

The fact that Bruno quickly made himself a valued member, shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmmm ... I can think of some circumstances where some people tell us we should all be held guilty for things done hundreds of years ago.

Wrong. They’re telling you that you should be guilty for continuing to celebrate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cheers! Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here