Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno and Bridge

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Bridge and Bruno were class tonight, Vicente showed glimpses but had little support and our midfield was anonymous.

Bridcutt was disappointing, Dicker gave the ball away practically every time he got it and Harley didn't look for the ball enough.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Bridge and Bruno were class tonight, Vicente showed glimpses but had little support and our midfield was anonymous.

Bridcutt was disappointing, Dicker gave the ball away practically every time he got it and Harley didn't look for the ball enough.

I thought Bridcutt was excellent - I watched it on TV, granted.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I thought Bridcutt was excellent - I watched it on TV, granted.

I was there and I'd say he was one of the few players I'd have rated higher than a 4.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It seemed to me as if Gus told Wayne to calm it down in the second half, he was brilliant in the first half making great runs, showing pace and putting in some cracking crosses, his performance in the second half seemed like Gus had told him "calm down wayney we don't actually want to win this..."

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
It seemed to me as if Gus told Wayne to calm it down in the second half, he was brilliant in the first half making great runs, showing pace and putting in some cracking crosses, his performance in the second half seemed like Gus had told him "calm down wayney we don't actually want to win this..."

Or maybe he was just running out of steam a bit? Either way, once he is fully fit he and Bruno are going to be great for us this season. Good for him to get another 90 minutes under his belt.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I thought Bridcutt was decent tonight. Bridge was okay, tracked back well but needs more game time. Bruno wasn't exactly outstanding but he does look good on the ball. Bruno did show tonight that he has a bit of a temper !

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I thought Bridcutt was decent tonight. Bridge was okay, tracked back well but needs more game time. Bruno wasn't exactly outstanding but he does look good on the ball. Bruno did show tonight that he has a bit of a temper !

Love Bruno....think he could become a legend here......BUT .. there is a red card waiting to happen !! Calm,calm,calm!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Both played superb last night, solid performances and looking forward to watching them at the Amex. I must say though, Bruno needs to learn to cool it though, especially when talking with the ref. Players in Spain get away with it but in England it will get him in trouble.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Both looked superb although not sure Bridge is fully fit yet, surely we have the two best wingbacks in the league.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
I thought Bruno was superb. Loved the bit of skill from him near the end of the game.

Bridge looked lazy. You'd know the class was there but he just looked like he wasnt too bothered.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I only watched from about 30 minutes in on a stop and start internet viewing, but i find Bruno to be the most hilariously mental and skillfully adept guy in our ranks. I can't wait to watch him glide and spray and pirouette and stud, sometimes his head and face completely caked in bandages. I hope we all get on the same wavelength so he and Vicente can do what they do and we get the benefits on the whole.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Bridge showed willing to go on some good forward runs in a kind of Cashley Cole way'. He over cooked it a couple of times but i am sure that was down to a lack of sharpeness. Looks like he will be a brilliant addition if we can keep him fit.

nick1984

Apr 9, 2012
Both Bruno and Bridge looked good last night although there will be times this season when nippy wingers will dominate them. Both had instances last night when they bombed forward and then got caught on the counter-attack, which against Swindon is slightly worrying.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I thought Bruno was superb. Loved the bit of skill from him near the end of the game.

Bridge looked lazy. You'd know the class was there but he just looked like he wasnt too bothered.

Agree with Bruno but completely disagree about Bridge. He was steaming forward every opportunity and was constantly looking to play through Noone. Considering he hasnt played a competitive game in months, quality performance.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Both were good on the ball and offered a threat going forward, although bridge doesn't look 100% match fit yet after his disrupted pre-season, but that will come. Bridge was quieter in the second half as they pushed Ritchie up nearer to the forwards into more of a 433 than the out-and-out 451 they played in the first half, he was cutting in off the flank and keeping bridge pre-occupied. On a separate note i felt very sorry for kuszczak who only touched it 4 times, 3 of which were picking unsaveable efforts out of his net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here