Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brooker wants a good reception

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Bwian said:
Of course he had a choice...he decided to go where the money was. As would most people.

Judas? Oh yes!

dick knight didn't exactly try very hard to hold onto him though did he

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
afters said:
i liked paul brooker, but it's a fact that his anonymous games to blinders ratio is about 10:1

All it will take is a couple of crunching tackles from Danny or Oatway or Mayo (if the latter 2 play) and he'll have an anonymous game. He had his moments of skill but I can't remember one instance of a display of courage from PB. He's going to have a bit of a job getting past our back four with that limp he's going to acquire on Saturday afternoon:clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Bwian said:
He had his moments of skill but I can't remember one instance of a display of courage from PB.

against palace, that bone crunching challenge that gave away a penalty and got him sent off :lolol:

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Scotty M said:
dick knight didn't exactly try very hard to hold onto him though did he

Would you want to employ someone who didn't want to work for you, or more to the point, wanted to work for someone else? It's not as though Knight stuck a gun to his head and told him to f*** off...

But back to the original point, I still think people view Brooker's contribution through rose-tinted specs. On his day, he could turn the game for us - but, unfortunately, that wasn't often enough. As soon as a defender got him, he didn't want to know. Here's hoping Virgo or El-Abd (whoever plays) can autograph his legs early doors.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:

But back to the original point, I still think people view Brooker's contribution through rose-tinted specs. On his day, he could turn the game for us - but, unfortunately, that wasn't often enough. As soon as a defender got him, he didn't want to know. Here's hoping Virgo or El-Abd (whoever plays) can autograph his legs early doors.

And Cullip will make sure our defenders know that.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The team which took us to two titles in two seasons will go down in history.

Paul Brooker as a part of great Albion history and I shall applaud him.

:clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll bet he doesn't get his shirt dirty.

I'll clap him before the game to acknowledge the contribution he made in the two championship seasons, but as soon as the first whistle goes he'll be abused every time he goes near the ball. It's nothing personal, but he'll be busting a bollock to impress against us and we have to do our best to put him off.

And before anyone asks, I'll be exactly the same with Bobby Zamora as well.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Safeway said:

And before anyone asks, I'll be exactly the same with Bobby Zamora as well.

So that's you and me at least then?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He'll get a good reception from me-until kick-off. Then he can feck off-he becomes another opposition player from that moment and if he gets upset...tough. I want the Albion to win and will not be wanting him to score against us.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Bwian said:
He'll get a good reception from me-until kick-off. Then he can feck off-he becomes another opposition player from that moment and if he gets upset...tough. I want the Albion to win and will not be wanting him to score against us.

agree, just a round of applause when he is warming up.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Despite his faults both championship seasons and Bobby Zamoras time with us just wouldnt have been the same without brooker. He deserves a good reception and I hate to think we become like everyone else when a player leaves he `s a judas. Claptrap!

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Why should he have a special reception. He wasn't one of our greats, although I wouldn't have said no to him coming back.

I will be giving my special reception to the guys with the stripes the right way round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here