Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brooker at Colchester

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't want to say anything as i would probably have been accused of stirring but me and the guy i went up with on Saturday saw Paul Brooker driving out of Colchester. It was definitely him.

Now i don't know if he was at the game or not and I don't know why he would be there.

I am not hinting that he may be due a loan move back i just thought it was interesting.

Anyone else seee him?

The team bus left well early as well. No interviews apparently, they were too pissed off. They beat me out of Colchester but i did get a bit lost:dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If he had nothing better to do then he was probably watching the game.

On another site not many miles away from here it has been said that he wishes he hadn't left

oh yeah like I belive that.

if Lewis is on 9 grant a week at Leicester and can't even make the reserves....then Brooker must be on smething fairly similar and all for being 28th choice for the first team

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Quite glad to see the players too pissed off to talk to the press, after a performance like that against opposition as shite as Colchester, I would hope they weren't feeling at their jolliest :censored:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Brooker was offered close on 3k in the Summer by the Foxes. Not entirely sure what the deal was tied up at but it wouldnt have been anymore than 4k

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Storer68 said:

if Lewis is on 9 grant a week at Leicester and can't even make the reserves....then Brooker must be on smething fairly similar and all for being 28th choice for the first team

The same post said he wasn't on much more than he was on at Brighton (don't forget he went post administration) and was on appearance money (which he isn't getting yet)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Once Adams got Gillespie, Bozzie was doomed to never get a kick. I'm sure Adams thought at the time, he would play the odd game, but then signed more players than he thought he would get.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Storer68 said:

Brooker on 5 grand I thought.

I did ask him but he didn't confirm or deny.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I never thought I'd hear you all wishing Brooker was back!

He was a bit of a fairy at times (like between October and March), but he did have that creative spark we've been missing lately when he was feeling confident.

baz

Jul 7, 2003
Quality player who took a lot of unwarranted stick. OK he was a poor tackler but he wasn't in the team for his tackling ability.

His workrate was amongst the best in the team and he WAS our creativity. If Coppell could get him I would love him back.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need Brooker.

If we could take him back, albeit on loan, it would be a step in the right direction.

E.P. Sam

Sep 6, 2003
baz said:
Quality player who took a lot of unwarranted stick. OK he was a poor tackler but he wasn't in the team for his tackling ability.

Agree completely. I hate the English attitude towards creative players. We seem to think they should be flying in to tackles like Oatway and Cullip. I don't hear Cullip berated on here for his poor touch and passing (lets face it - he's dreadful with the ball at his feet) or Roberts slagged off for his poor goalscoring rate so why slate Brooker for not tackling enough - its not his job!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:
I think for a lot of supporters, especially in F Block, Brooker is a classic case of "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone."

I agree with that Lush.

I always liked Brooker. Occasionally getting the tickets by lottery last season we found ourselves in different blocks.

We were in D block for one game and just couldn't believe the amount of stick that Brooker was getting from some supporters.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
At the back of block G there was a bloke who every match would yell instructions e.g Tackle back Paul Brooker or close him down Paul Brooker, always used his first name and surname as if there were more than one Brooker in the team and he needed to distinguish between them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here