Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadfield Stadium?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What did you all think of Crawley's stadium?. It was my first visit and I was expecting something better than that.The high spot of my day was the good food and Fursty Ferret on draught at the Goffs Manor pub just round the corner.:drink:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Broadfield Stadium is very good by non-league standards. I was quite impressed on my last visit, certainly it compares favourably with Woking's ground. They'll probably put another grandstand in if they stay in the Conference.

I was impressed. I think they can develop that bit where the trees are - if only we were that lucky! Even the trees in Brighton are more outstanding and valuable than those in Crawley.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Their loos are clean and tidy, which is more than can be said about a lot of 'bigger' grounds.

cab

Feb 20, 2004
Crawley
all the groundwork is done for a stand to be built on the openside, rumours are the council will build it but not just yet!!!??? great game today thought crawley played well then came all the subs and it all went tits up. good luck in the championship and come on prescott get your finger out and give brighton falmer..... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's a good stadium, though the legroom in the seats is not good by modern standards (i.e. my legs don't fit!).

The only limitation to it being bigger is parking. The A23 gets cars all over the verges for big games, so an increased capacity would bring other issues. Any idea if it got as far as a transport plan when we wanted to ground-share?

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
a new sports complex is being built across the road...sure car parking can be accomodated there for big games.

even for weymouth game last year (4.000+) parking wasn't that bad

they did at one time use school playing field across the road as well when stadium first opened

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The ground is very good, one of the best at the level they've been playing at, but the local town can go screw itself.

The idea was a family day out for the Gritts and Easys. All meet up for a drink and lunch in a pub before the ladies go shopping while the lads go football. Couldn't believe how many pubs we tried before we found one that would 'accept' children, "but they must eat!". The previous places we'd tried were decent sized, with gardens etc, so we weren't exactly trying little local drinking dens.

Like the ground, had a good day, my 2 year old seeing his 1st match, but the town just came across as pretty unfriendly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gritt23 said:
The ground is very good, one of the best at the level they've been playing at, but the local town can go screw itself.

The idea was a family day out for the Gritts and Easys. All meet up for a drink and lunch in a pub before the ladies go shopping while the lads go football. Couldn't believe how many pubs we tried before we found one that would 'accept' children, "but they must eat!". The previous places we'd tried were decent sized, with gardens etc, so we weren't exactly trying little local drinking dens.

Like the ground, had a good day, my 2 year old seeing his 1st match, but the town just came across as pretty unfriendly.
Crap wasn't it. Spent 25 minutes driving round trying to find a pub that would accept that blight on modern society...CHILDREN. Full marks to the Tilgate, for having a massive bar stuffed with arcade games, a big garden out the back, benches out the front, and a complete blanket ban on kids anywhere near the premises or within a 2 mile radius. Similar story with the Half Moon. So we end up at The Downsman, which grudgingly allows children but only if you are eating, and they must be eating too. In other words, "we'll put up with them, as long as you're spending loads of money here". Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here