Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Britishcore - "100 experiences that define and unite modern Britons" (it says here)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

“The rise of Britishcore” - https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...eriences-that-define-and-unite-modern-britons

*shudder*

1. Umming and aahing with your partner for 10 minutes over whether to share a naan, and then just getting one each because “you only live once”.

2. Encouraging the entire pub to erupt into cheers when someone smashes a glass.

3. Flawlessly lip-syncing to: “If you see something that doesn’t look right, speak to station staff or British Transport Police. See it, say it, sorted,” on the train to Bristol Temple Meads.

etc

*cringe*

AI Podcast version here (natch).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That is possibly the worst article I have ever ever seen. Absolute bolox to the extent that I wonder if they made it shit on purpose for clickbait etc.
Yep. I want my three to five minutes back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
more like a list of common experiences for Guardianistas.

except the glass cheer, and the complaining about small prices while buying £10 beers.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
89 is wrong. The slang name for Eggs Benedict is 'eggy benz'.

But I do recognise the type of person who would do/say 90% or more of that list. They've always been with us. They're the same people who used to jump up excitedly to dance to 'The Birdie Song', they name their cat 'Rambo', and they say 'time to climb the wooden hill to Bedfordshire' when they want to go to bed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
more like a list of common experiences for Guardianistas.

except the glass cheer, and the complaining about small prices while buying £10 beers.
As a Guardian reader I have to say I've no idea at all what they're talking about (glass smash cheer excepted, I'll give you that). The Venn diagram intersection of Guardian readers who watch Eastenders, refer to the Panny D or go on stag does to Warsaw would be incredibly tiny.

It's just a shit bit of writing by someone who's spent ten minutes on Tiktok.

They've not even mentioned Live Laugh Love or people who own Frenchies called Luna.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I absolutely hate anyone who calls Eggs Benedict anything other than Eggs Benedict. They should be exterminated along with 'banter' and 'bantz' people.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As a Guardian reader I have to say I've no idea at all what they're talking about (glass smash cheer excepted, I'll give you that). The Venn diagram intersection of Guardian readers who watch Eastenders, refer to the Panny D or go on stag does to Warsaw would be incredibly tiny.

It's just a shit bit of writing by someone who's spent ten minutes on Tiktok.

They've not even mentioned Live Laugh Love or people who own Frenchies called Luna.
fair point.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

But I do recognise the type of person who would do/say 90% or more of that list. They've always been with us. They're the same people who used to jump up excitedly to dance to 'The Birdie Song', they name their cat 'Rambo', and they say 'time to climb the wooden hill to Bedfordshire' when they want to go to bed.

How on earth did you make it to 89?

Anyone know what a "lanzo" is?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
...so people aren't just going to post their scores then?

Which ironically would be more British than most things on that thread, claiming "I'm more British than you are".

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
...so people aren't just going to post their scores then?

Which ironically would be more British than most things on that thread, claiming "I'm more British than you are".
I cede immediately. Because I'm very humble.

Reactions: A1X

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Article should be called: "I'm a middle class millennial and everyone I know is a middle class millennial, except for my parents, who are just middle class". We'll assume that the Steve Jones he fancied, was the Welsh TV presenter, not the guitarist in the Sex Pistols or the host of ITV's 'The Pyramid Game'.

Makes you wonder what the universal Brit experiences really are though. I'm sure that NSC could do better.

1) Telling people in shocked tones that there are Christmas things in the supermarket next to Halloween stuff! (Despite this happening absolutely every year);

2) Getting the response "Shouldn't celebrate Halloween anyway. It's a Yank holiday" from anyone over 50:

3) Having absolutely no interest in tennis for 50 weeks of the year then trying to hold a conversation about it during the last week in June / first week in July;

4) Saying good morning to magpies if you see ever them on their own;

5) Wondering where Bill's mother lives and why the sky's always black over her place;

Over to you...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here