Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Museum

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Imperial war Museum is superb.

Agreed. I went there the other day and lost most of the daylight hours in there.

I went into the Blitz experience and the tour guide started singing songs (as they would have done) to raise spirits. Leading with none other than "Roll out the Barrel..." :yahoo:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Cheers guys.

I've been to the Natural History and Science Museums loads of times down the years, but never the British. Seems like it might be worth a look round.

Don't forget to go over to what used to be the Geology Museum, now part of the Natural History Museum, where you can experience an earthquake in Japan!

The V&A next door is also more interesting that you'd think (not just fashion and ceramics). The Cast Room is quite impressive where they have casts of all these temples and pillars from India and around the world.

The best part of London museums IMHO is the sheer scale and grandeur of the buildings themselves. And they're all FREE!

052-CastRoom_VictoriaAndAlbertMuseum.jpg

Lush

Mods' Pet
BTW, on the subject of the Natural History Museum, did anyone else see on David Attenborough's programme last night that on the main staircase, the statue of the Museum's founder, churchman and Creationist Dr Richard Owen, has now been replaced by the statue of Charles Darwin?

Museum_of_Natural_History_STairs.sized.jpg

2637901474_2aeb4de1a6.jpg

:clap::clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BTW, on the subject of the Natural History Museum, did anyone else see on David Attenborough's programme last night that on the main staircase, the statue of the Museum's founder, churchman and Creationist Dr Richard Owen, has now been replaced by the statue of Charles Darwin?

:clap::clap:

Arse. I was meaning to watch that.

I went to the NHM the other day, but didn't have time to take in the Darwin exhibition. Runs until mid-April, so will be sure to pop back in. The NHM is an amazing building. I think the V&A started life off as an educational facility/school.

Don't forget to go over to what used to be the Geology Museum, now part of the Natural History Museum, where you can experience an earthquake in Japan!

The V&A next door is also more interesting that you'd think (not just fashion and ceramics). The Cast Room is quite impressive where they have casts of all these temples and pillars from India and around the world.

The best part of London museums IMHO is the sheer scale and grandeur of the buildings themselves. And they're all FREE!

052-CastRoom_VictoriaAndAlbertMuseum.jpg

That looks like a huge kebab

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here