Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British man about to become Scottish..

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Oh who gives a toss? It's TENNIS for crying out loud! The only people interested in tennis as a spectator sport are women and homosexuals. You can decide which category you fall into.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh :)

Tennis is an excellent spectator sport and I werent gay or a woman last time I checked

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
The only time I heard him say that was after an American interviewer called him an Englishman. I imagine if any of the English on here was called Scottish by an American interviewer, s/he would insist "I'm English".

I've never come across any anti-English sentiment from Murray, so I would appreciate it if those that claim he is would back it up with some evidence.

Well said. I don't think the English realise just how much the word 'British' ends up being synonymous with 'English'. There are quite obvious reasons for this of course(some legit some not), but most reasonable people would have to agree that it would be very frustrating if you are Welsh or Scottish. Most people i hear using the term 'English' instead of 'British' are very much aware of the difference between the two; but it tends to come out as a slip of the tongue.

So who can blame Murray for correcting the American interviewer? I'd imagine he probably gets it all the time on tour aswell, all around the world.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
No it is mainly that and his constant "I'm Scottish, Im Scottish" repeat ad infinitum. Yes Mr Murray you are but you comptete for Britain.

That said I would love him to win it because he has more attitude and balls in his little toe than Henman had in his whole toe.

I love him as much as I dislike him which is frustrating.

Rubbish - it's a solo sport, he's playing for himself unless it's Davis cup, then it is Britain. He is Scottish and every right to be proud to be so.

I very much doubt he cares what people are saying on football messageboards. What did speak volumes is that Henman's stamping ground were behind Murray all the way and I am not just talking about Henman Hill. Very sad if people can't get over the Paraguay shirt saga and the fact that he is very proud to be Scottish.

Actually, as proud as any player might be of their nationality, I doubt they really think about representing that country at all, when they're playing tennis at Wimbledon (outside of the Davis Cup).

Has Murray been expressing how much he cares about the Welsh or Northern Irish and wants to represent them?
Has he mentioned how he's playing for Europe when playing an American?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here