Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] British Lions

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Very much looking forward to this tour, and good to have Great Britain back for internationals. Always seemed to have a bit more class about Great Britain, rather than individually England, Wales etc. And will have an eye on the union as well. Should be an entertaining mornings TV.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having played both codes at fairly decent levels over the years, I can confirm you need to be VERY fit to play league, much fitter than union.

No argument on that but as someone who has played both codes which is your preference?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Having played both codes at fairly decent levels over the years, I can confirm you need to be VERY fit to play league, much fitter than union.

Yeah but the tactics, the technical astuteness has to be with Union?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Indeed

Going back a few years I think it was St Helens played Bath at both codes
Obviously Bath won the Union variety
But got absolutely thrashed at League
You get a lot of breathers in Union

Screenshot_20191025-201802.png

How does that go OP,

"One lion on my shirt" ?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Much prefer Union, it’s tactically a far superior game, I did enjoy playing league in my younger fitter days, but you really did need to take the fitness up a level.....and be as hard as nails, because you were tackled a lot harder, but you didn’t need to use your brain a great deal !

No argument on that but as someone who has played both codes which is your preference?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This is a bruising battle. Classic Lions fayre.

:ohmy:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
6-0 Tonga :nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
FT Tonga 14-6 Lions

:nono:

Atmosphere in the pub is pretty low.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, never mind this is Sunday league in comparison to what the England team did.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We did stick the Union on after which provided some consolation.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Absolutely gutting 12-8 defeat to the Kiwis this morning. Gave it everything but just came up short again. You could tell how big it was for NZ to exact revenge for the defeat in Union last weekend and that’s exactly what they did.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
23-8 defeat to NZ this morning. Gutted is an understatement, big pressure in Wayne Bennett now, feel sorry for the thousands of fans who have travelled over too. This great British sporting institution deserves better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here