Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I really don’t understand how you have extrapolated that?

The poster seems to be comparing you to the Police Officers and Social Workers in Rotherham who allegedly saw the victims of the grooming and rape outrages as ‘child prostitutes’ rather than vulnerable young victims. Nothing to do with sexual attraction, all to do with being dispassionate.

The conclusion is that you see a terrorist first before you see a vulnerable groomed 15 year old who went to Syria to be bred from with some kind of romantic misguided notion that she was going to marry a hero and live happily ever after in an Islamic paradise. Has she ever been accused of terrorist activity?

Her life is ruined. Some will celebrate. Others will have compassion for a girl who was brainwashed by this sick cult and made the wrong decisions. Religion is always about keeping men in power and exploiting women wherever possible.

If i need to explain any of what i have said further , and if you can`t see the offensive remark likening me to "Those Type of individuals " then you`re an idiot .
And she didn`t go to Syria seeking love and got radicalised or brainwashed , she went to Syria fully aware with a plan to help kill people like you . If this were not the case , she would have shown regret and remorse , she has not !!!

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I don't think you, or the Police Officers that used the term child prostitutes in relation to some of the girls from Rotherham, are nonces,
I can't retract that, unless you back away from believing that as a 15 year old, she is responsible entirely for her own actions.

Your girls have clearly had the benefit of loving and caring parents, not all girls do, and that is not their fault. Your girls could have turned out differently in a less caring environment, not because they are bad people, but because they had a bad environment.
I am arguing that at the age of 15, no one is self made, they are a product of their environment, and to my mind still need protecting from themselves and some of the choices that they might make,
To be clear, I am not suggesting she should suffer no consequences, but she has not been convicted of any crime to my knowledge, stripping her of citizenship was purely due to media interviews after journalists found her. She was 15, and she was sucked into a cult, let her home and put her on trial in a court, Politics is trumping legal process here.
How do you know what her background was like , you are making assumptions on her behalf . How do you know she "was sucked into a cult " ? , and how do you know what crimes she did or did not take part in , apart from the obvious one TERRORISM ! .

Again you insult me with your intimation and supposition when connecting me with comments made by individuals unknown on a wholly unrelated incident , and for that i expect you to correct your statement and retract the connection .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A 15 year old is a minor not a child. Since when were teenagers dumbed down? My parents left school at 14, my Mum went into service, my Dad was a delivery boy for a year and then went into the Navy at 15.

These days, your Father would not be deemed old enough to make that choice, at 16 or 17 he would still require parental consent. Personally, I don't think signing up 16 year old's, even with a parents blessing, is morally sound.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And she didn`t go to Syria seeking love and got radicalised or brainwashed , she went to Syria fully aware with a plan to help kill people like you . If this were not the case , she would have shown regret and remorse , she has not !!!

That’s your belief. I believe she had some pathetic adolescent fantasy to support rebel fighters, meet one and then have his baby.

With reference to her subsequent messages around ISIS and that interview, she is clearly not that smart and was probably worried more about getting an ISIS bullet in the back of her head rather than pandering to the British media.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
These days, your Father would not be deemed old enough to make that choice, at 16 or 17 he would still require parental consent. Personally, I don't think signing up 16 year old's, even with a parents blessing, is morally sound.

He needed parental consent then, up to the age of 21.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How do you know what her background was like , you are making assumptions on her behalf . How do you know she "was sucked into a cult " ? , and how do you know what crimes she did or did not take part in , apart from the obvious one TERRORISM ! .

Again you insult me with your intimation and supposition when connecting me with comments made by individuals unknown on a wholly unrelated incident , and for that i expect you to correct your statement and retract the connection .

I don't know her background well, and I don't know if she has committed any crimes or not, including TERRORISM!, and nor do you, but you are certain she should be stripped of her citizenship.
I know she was sucked into a cult, because that is what ISIS is, her friend that left 2 months earlier was groomed, and that girls father informed the police of his belief that his daughter had been groomed by Islamists, and that her three friends might be at risk as well. Police went to speak to the three girls to question them about the first girl, but as they were minors, they gave them letters to give to their parents to ask permission. The girls didn't pass the letters on, and the police didn't follow up.

Feel insulted all you like, I did not intimate that you were a nonce, there is nothing to correct in my statement, unless you are going to correct yourself when you said this girl is not a victim because she chose to go, regardless of the circumstances around that decision.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, I then question why you were asking when we dumbed down teenagers?

Teenagers left home and worked making decisions albeit with parental consent. 15 year olds are now being treated as though they are children. I have seen the word child quite a few times in debates. They are youths, not children.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
What I don’t understand, and have never seen an attempt to explain, is what is so special about this woman.

According to reports around 400 male ex-ISIS fighters have been allowed back into the UK - very few have been prosecuted despite evidence that many of the returnees actually took active part in fighting for ISIS.

Is it because Shamima Begum is female and as such doesn’t fit the standard stereotype of femininity that so much hostility is raised against her? All very strange.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What I don’t understand, and have never seen an attempt to explain, is what is so special about this woman.

According to reports around 400 male ex-ISIS fighters have been allowed back into the UK - very few have been prosecuted despite evidence that many of the returnees actually took active part in fighting for ISIS.

Is it because Shamima Begum is female and as such doesn’t fit the standard stereotype of femininity that so much hostility is raised against her? All very strange.

If that is correct, then the question shouldn't be about whether she's allowed back in (she shouldn't be) but why we didn't keep the 400 other murderous b*stards out too.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009

Welcome back Bushy :bigwave::bigwave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If that is correct, then the question shouldn't be about whether she's allowed back in (she shouldn't be) but why we didn't keep the 400 other murderous b*stards out too.

That's a generalisation when we are talking about one individual case.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...pe-threat-debate-terror-attacks-a8017811.html
Mr Barrett said former fighters’ attitudes to Isis varied dramatically between those who rejected the group, became disillusioned, or were forced to retreat in battle.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Teenagers left home and worked making decisions albeit with parental consent. 15 year olds are now being treated as though they are children. I have seen the word child quite a few times in debates. They are youths, not children.

They used to leave home at 8 with parental consent and clean chimneys 150 years ago. You cannot recompare how kids were decades ago with how they are now, without taking into account that the world is a significantly changed place.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

As I said - I don’t understand the difference in attitude between the return of male fighters and Shamima Begum.

Is it a gender issue or something else entirely - if something else then what?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They used to leave home at 8 with parental consent and clean chimneys 150 years ago. You cannot recompare how kids were decades ago with how they are now, without taking into account that the world is a significantly changed place.

The age of criminal responsibility is 10, but youths between 14-17 are treated differently from those aged 10-13.
That is now in 2021.
A youth is not a child.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Back then, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be living in such a mollified, bleeding-heart society that apologists would simp for a terrorist whose stated aim is to literally murder the same bespectacled white, middle class merlot sippers who defend her. Why do you people *want* this vile creature in our country?

What does it get you? A smug feeling of liberal pride that being contrarian makes you more enlightened?

Get a grip. Terrorists are not welcome in the UK. And stop reading the Guardian, you know how it confuses you.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That’s your belief. I believe she had some pathetic adolescent fantasy to support rebel fighters, meet one and then have his baby.

Well assuming she didn’t just switch this fantasy on a few months before departing on her crusade my guess going by the above statement this adolescent fantasy started when she was 13/14 ?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
820edbc2dc1f011edb4b21d79838168aad0a229a90e3839a257a7548f6dccb65_1.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well assuming she didn’t just switch this fantasy on a few months before departing on her crusade my guess going by the above statement this adolescent fantasy started when she was 13/14 ?

To be honest, I’d like to see people like Begum shipped from secondary school to secondary school giving assemblies about how certain life choices you make can be horrific alongside side telling people exactly how a cult reels you in and brainwashed you.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Back then, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be living in such a mollified, bleeding-heart society that apologists would simp for a terrorist whose stated aim is to literally murder the same bespectacled white, middle class merlot sippers who defend her. Why do you people *want* this vile creature in our country?

What does it get you? A smug feeling of liberal pride that being contrarian makes you more enlightened?

Get a grip. Terrorists are not welcome in the UK. And stop reading the Guardian, you know how it confuses you.
Superb just superb:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here