Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Britain's Got Talent final

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She has been on the west end in various shows and a cruise ship singer for years.

So again a professional singer

Unlike Paul Potts and Susan Boyle. Not a discovery just someone trying to further their career.
A cruise ship and a bit part and never got a big break, no one had ever heard of her until 3 weeks ago. Good luck to her

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Both Opera singers were superb. Agree however that it is hardly Britains got talent. Maybe Britain hasn`t got enough talent to make a show !!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Par for the course in these competitions, Lee Mead had numerous West End credits before winning the Joseph show, for instance. He did a bit of waiting between jobs, so he was billed as a “waiter” and not a trained, working actor at the highest possible level of work

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Par for the course in these competitions, Lee Mead had numerous West End credits before winning the Joseph show, for instance. He did a bit of waiting between jobs, so he was billed as a “waiter” and not a trained, working actor at the highest possible level of work
Yes, Sydnie was working in a coffee shop so hardly big time before yesterday

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yes, Sydnie was working in a coffee shop so hardly big time before yesterday
Jon Williams who got through to the final four of one these shows was also billed as working in a coffee shop. They conveniently left out his contract had just finished at Les Miserables where he was understudying and playing Jean Valjean for a number of years. Nope, just Jon from North London who works in a coffee shop.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Basically a televised circus that has more than run its course. The winner makes a few bob then sinks without a trace, until they turn up in the Daily Star two years later having assaulted a cashier at Superdrug whilst high on Ket and sporting a spiderweb face tattoo. Seen it all before.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Basically a televised circus that has more than run its course. The winner makes a few bob then sinks without a trace, until they turn up in the Daily Star two years later having assaulted a cashier at Superdrug whilst high on Ket and sporting a spiderweb face tattoo. Seen it all before.
£ 250 000 at the outset. She will be a major star

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Those who have performed at any professional level would have an equity card, and as far as I'm concerned, BGT should only be open to amateurs. You shouldn't be allowed to enter if you have an equity card.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I did have other favourites that i would have preferred win however she is by no means not a worthy winner. When you think of some of the poor acts of previous years... this year was by far the best talent. I feel almost all acts could have won.

On a separate note... £250,000 to the winner... ffs wasn't it that much 20 years ago. The cost of every thing has probably trebled in that time. Then you have deal of no deal coming back with a 100k prize, when again 20 years ago was a £250,000 prize... piss take

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Susan Boyle really did let herself go.

She'll have to buck a major trend of the winners fading back into obscurity then. Only Diversity have had any long term success and exposure. Although their line up is very different from the original group that won and it's mainly Ashley and Jordan Banjo who are the two who are getting the exposure.

She'll have some success and leading roles in the West End but I doubt she will be a household name in 2 years time. The next time most of will hear of her again after she's done the Royal Variety will be if she rocks up on I'm a Celeb in a few years.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Mrs Crodo and I just call it 'Talent' because that's what it is, just pure talent. Perhaps we should just call it talent and then the year so Talent 2024.

It was a magnificent show, and absolutely wide open, I think there were genuinely 8 or 9 acts in with a shout and who would have been worthy winners.
We're long overdue a '10 years on from creamgate' Justin Lee-Collins thread.

#Make it so
#Good Times

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mmm...no she won't.

Lets Google her in 12 months time and see what she's up to. My guess is a couple of appearances on Loose Women / The One Show (at best), along with a tour of northern working mens clubs, sponsored by Chup-a-Chups.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m voting for Mary Hopkins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here