Im English, :wavey:

my Dad always likes to be seen as Cornish :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am English.

Except during the Olympics when for two weeks I am British.

And for 3 days of the Ryder Cup when I am European.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bit rich for a goverment that has actively sought to split Britain up via devolution to start thinking about a unifying day. Does that mean for 24 hours a year the jocks will think the English are really a jolly decent set of chaps and the English will decide that the Welsh aren't a useless bunch of sheepshaggers after all?

Let's just celebrate St George's Day like every other part of our "United Kingdom" celebrates its patron's day and forget this load of utter bollocks for what it is....an attempt to rewrite a little bit of history by the politiccians who now secretly acknowledge that they may just have f***ed up in the first place but who want to buy your vote.

Angry? Me? :censored: :censored: :censored:

And what day should be chosen for this celebration?

It can't be the anniversary of a great event in English history, since that would obviously fail the Britishness test.

I'd be inclined to celebrate the anniversary of a defining moment in modern British history ... what springs to mind is the day that we demonstrated what became a lasting commitment to abandon our imperial pretensions: the granting of independence to India and Pakistan.

August 15.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am a citizen of Planet Earth, at one with Polar Bears and humans alike. Lets not have a Britain day - lets have a LOVE day.

severnside gull said:

Let's just celebrate St George's Day like every other part of our "United Kingdom" celebrates its patron's day and forget this load of utter bollocks for what it is

I agree, but it won't happen as it is a Christian celebration, and the point of this new holiday is for minorities to feel more included.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here