Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Not me!

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Seriously contemplating it.

I can't get any time off work so it would mean leaving Shoreham at 5pm.

Anyone reckon my chances of getting there on time are good?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You'll be chancing it. Route would be A/M27, M3, A34, M4, M32 - all fast roads *normally* but you'll obviously be in rush hour time through Chichester and past Pompey, and be hoping for no incidents to have happened on the M4.

After a night game at Withdean - I can do that drive in under 2 hours. If you could leave 30-45 minutes earlier, I think you'd be OK.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Bozza said:
You'll be chancing it. Route would be A/M27, M3, A34, M4, M32 - all fast roads *normally* but you'll obviously be in rush hour time through Chichester and past Pompey, and be hoping for no incidents to have happened on the M4.

After a night game at Withdean - I can do that drive in under 2 hours. If you could leave 30-45 minutes earlier, I think you'd be OK.

bozza, seeing youve made the trip a few times; i'm coming from scumhampton, is it quicker to go up to salisbury and cross country or the above route (a34, etc..)

cheers mate, raph.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd go M3, A34, M4 every time. On the A36 overtaking opportunities are few and far between - you WILL get stuck behind a lorry and/or a tractor that will be going all the way that you are. Central Salisbury will slow you up quite a bit too.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
ok ta mate. another question for you, or anyone that feels talkative this lovely morning, as i'm feeling :dunce: today. last time i saw as at rovers it was at twerton park. i have NO idea where the new(er) ground is? anyone be so kind....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From the M4, take the M32 that goes straight into the middle of Bristol. Take junction 2 and it is signed from there. Note the large Goldstone-esque floodlight in the carpark by Tesco/Ikea. This is where Rovers used to play.

Rovers Ground on Streetmap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here