Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bristol rovers v bournemouth postponed

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
This is the blipp bournemouth did not need, they will be gutted this game got called off!!! as long as bournemouth lose saturday i'll be happy, 3 points clear 3 games over bournemouth 2 over huddersfield???? hmmm bring on plymouth so we can bag the points and stretch our lead!!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't say I've ever really had much time for Bournemouth, always regarded them as an irritating little nuisance who scrape a parasitical existence by sponging off Harry Redknapp's generosity when it comes to loaning out reserves.

But that said, it would be enormously amusing if we both went up, Saints missed out and Pompey also got relegated.

I suspect Meridian TV would launch a fortnight of official mourning if both their favourite clubs were to be a division below the supposed lesser sides of the region.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
According to one of my egg-chasing mates, when Bristol Rugby played on the pitch on Sunday it was already covered in puddles. Heavy rain over the following two days would have made football impossible.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Do we really want Bournemouth to lose Saturday against huddersfield? I say we want anything but a Huddersfield win as this brings them closer, ideally a draw would be the best result.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Dawn is right. A draw means both sides below us drop 2 points. Perfect.

And from Courtofside, one of the Bmuff message boards - "Any truth in the rumour that there were 300 seaweed fans there peeing on the pitch just to make sure! "

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Dawn is right. A draw means both sides below us drop 2 points. Perfect.

Actually, a Bournemouth win wouldn't be the end of the world. Before I get shot down in flames, my thinking on that is that it would mean that the 2 of would be breaking away should the games in hand work out. We all want to win the title, but I believe the spot we should be looking over our shoulders at is 3rd, so if 2 of us break away it means we're more than likely going to go up. If Huddersfiloed win then it brings them closer and increases the number of teams going for the 2 spots, so by maths alone it reduces our chances slightly. I'd happily settle for 2nd now, just be in the Champonship next year, the trophy at the end of the season would be the icing on the cake though

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Actually, a Bournemouth win wouldn't be the end of the world. Before I get shot down in flames, my thinking on that is that it would mean that the 2 of would be breaking away should the games in hand work out. We all want to win the title, but I believe the spot we should be looking over our shoulders at is 3rd, so if 2 of us break away it means we're more than likely going to go up. If Huddersfiloed win then it brings them closer and increases the number of teams going for the 2 spots, so by maths alone it reduces our chances slightly. I'd happily settle for 2nd now, just be in the Champonship next year, the trophy at the end of the season would be the icing on the cake though

100% agree with this. I want Huddersfield to lose on Saturday and Bournemouth to beat anyone they play in the play off spots, as long as us and them share the top two spots.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
According to one of my egg-chasing mates, when Bristol Rugby played on the pitch on Sunday it was already covered in puddles. Heavy rain over the following two days would have made football impossible.

Whereas the Rovers fans here in the office say that Bradbury was fuming the game had been called off - he went out onto the pitch with a ball and it was running perfectly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whereas the Rovers fans here in the office say that Bradbury was fuming the game had been called off - he went out onto the pitch with a ball and it was running perfectly.

What a shame.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

the maths doesn't lie.

may go against the grain but a win for Bournemouth is the best result on Saturday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nah. Still think a draw is the best result. Agree that its the gap to third that's important, but long-term, I think its Hudds that will be that second team, not B'muff.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nah. Still think a draw is the best result. Agree that its the gap to third that's important, but long-term, I think its Hudds that will be that second team, not B'muff.

Gotta agree with that...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I want the four teams (realistically Bmuff, Hudds, Charlton and Southampton) who are aiming for the one remaining automatic place to claw away at each other, fight and kick their way through each game. I want them focussing on getting to second place and in doing so take points off each other right until the end of the season. I want second spot to be the (only) automatic spot available to this lot and I want them scabbling away for it and interested as long as they can be. We'll float serenely above them while they drop further back.

Is that too much to ask?

Bmuff have to play: Hudds (h), Southampton (h), Charlton (h), Peterborough (h)
Hudds have: Bmuff (a), Peterb (a), Charlton (a), Brighton (a) (tough looking run that)
Southampton have: Bmuff (a), Charlton (a), Charlton (h)
Charlton have: Southampton (h and a), Bmuff (a), Hudd (h)

Looks like there could be points dropped all over the place in that lot. And all of them have fixtures against the likes of Orient, MK Dongs etc.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Interesting to read that Exeter is taking legal advice after its game was called off last night.

I know that lawyers will always seize an opportunity to make money but this is surely a non-starter: if referees lose the right to call off games what happens if someone is injured on unfit pitch? Exeter may be pissed-off that the game was postponed but I really can't see legal action being the answer.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I want the four teams (realistically Bmuff, Hudds, Charlton and Southampton) who are aiming for the one remaining automatic place to claw away at each other, fight and kick their way through each game. I want them focussing on getting to second place and in doing so take points off each other right until the end of the season. I want second spot to be the (only) automatic spot available to this lot and I want them scabbling away for it and interested as long as they can be. We'll float serenely above them while they drop further back.

Is that too much to ask?

Bmuff have to play: Hudds (h), Southampton (h), Charlton (h), Peterborough (h)
Hudds have: Bmuff (a), Peterb (a), Charlton (a), Brighton (a) (tough looking run that)
Southampton have: Bmuff (a), Charlton (a), Charlton (h)
Charlton have: Southampton (h and a), Bmuff (a), Hudd (h)

Looks like there could be points dropped all over the place in that lot. And all of them have fixtures against the likes of Orient, MK Dongs etc.

Southampton have us aswell

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting to read that Exeter is taking legal advice after its game was called off last night.

I know that lawyers will always seize an opportunity to make money but this is surely a non-starter: if referees lose the right to call off games what happens if someone is injured on unfit pitch? Exeter may be pissed-off that the game was postponed but I really can't see legal action being the answer.

I read that as that they are taking advice to look at whether the recent works to move the pitch, had been done correctly, or perhaps adversely affected its performance. Perhaps the company who undertook the work got the drainage system wrong, etc? Nothing to do with the officials.

BBC News - Exeter City to seek legal advice over state of pitch

Exeter City to seek legal advice over state of pitch Officials called off the match at 1815 GMT and apologised to fans Exeter City Football Club is to take legal advice after the state of its pitch forced the postponement of the League One match against Swindon Town.

Tuesday night's game was cancelled after officials decided the goalmouth at the away end was waterlogged.

In a statement the club apologised to fans for the condition and performance of the pitch at St James Park.

It added the Board would now be seeking both technical and legal advice before making any further comment.

"Everyone at the club worked extremely hard during the build-up to this game and we all share the fans' frustration at the postponement," the club said.

The pitch was moved last summer to enable future development of the away end stand.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I read that as that they are taking advice to look at whether the recent works to move the pitch, had been done correctly, or perhaps adversely affected its performance. Perhaps the company who undertook the work got the drainage system wrong, etc? Nothing to do with the officials.

BBC News - Exeter City to seek legal advice over state of pitch

Exeter City to seek legal advice over state of pitch Officials called off the match at 1815 GMT and apologised to fans Exeter City Football Club is to take legal advice after the state of its pitch forced the postponement of the League One match against Swindon Town.

Tuesday night's game was cancelled after officials decided the goalmouth at the away end was waterlogged.

In a statement the club apologised to fans for the condition and performance of the pitch at St James Park.

It added the Board would now be seeking both technical and legal advice before making any further comment.

"Everyone at the club worked extremely hard during the build-up to this game and we all share the fans' frustration at the postponement," the club said.

The pitch was moved last summer to enable future development of the away end stand.

That view makes more sense - although the story was very badly written and didn't really explain why Exeter was taking legal advice and against whom.

Still don't see they have a leg to stand on though: if it rains, pitches get wet. The Bristol game got postponed too, unless the same firm had worked on that pitch, Exeter has no real argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here