Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Citys Nightmare run in

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Has anyone noticed Bristol Citys run in, it is an absolute nightmare
theyve got to play six of the top teams out of eight. Theyve also run into poor form. Surely automatic promotion is now a possibility. Only need QPR to go a bit wobbly

Come on you stripes

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
how many away games have QPR got left ?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
QPR have four away games left, but also a tough run in. Pressure does funny things to a team. Look at Bournemouth tonight, who would have put money on Blackpool, with nothing to play for to come away with three points

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
QPR still, have to play Luton, Swindon Grimsby Stockport - Home and Bris C and Plymouth Barnsley & Sheff Wed away .

Bris City have Port Vale QPR us and Blackpool Home
Swindon Plymouth Luton and Barnsley Away

Swindon have Barnsly Peterbro Luton Wycombe QPR away
Bris Cityt Oldham and Hartlepool Home

Luton have QPR Hartlepool Tranmere Wrexham and Chesterfield - away
Oldham Swindon Bris City Bournemouth and Sheff Wed - home.

Port Vale only difficvult one on paper is Bris City away.

Hartlepool have BHA (A) Luton(h) Bournemouth (h) Plymouth (h)
Swindon (a)

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
More and more it looks like the game at Bristol City will be crucial, definately a chance of automatic, we must take HUGE numbers of fans to that game.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
lookin good! i dont reckon bristol city will get auto promotion with the well difficult run in! its between us and QPR i reckon, its gonna be tough though!

come on seagulls

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
brighton_b0y said:
lookin good! i dont reckon bristol city will get auto promotion with the well difficult run in! its between us and QPR i reckon, its gonna be tough though!

come on seagulls

I think Swindon might have something to say about that.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I suggested automatic was still on last week due to the horrendous run ins of our rivals and the amount of six pointers. QPR only drawing at Wycombe and City losing 2 of the easier games suprised me and has made this a real possibility. There are no easy games at this time of year but we've hit form at the perfect time. I'm sure It will close at the very least.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BensGrandad said:
Swindon have Barnsly Peterbro Luton Wycombe QPR away
Bris Cityt Oldham and Hartlepool Home
I work with a Swindon fan, and he's very worried about their run-in. Just about every game is against someone either chasing promotion/playoffs, or fighting relegaton.

On paper at least, we have a great run-in against some teams who have nothing to play for, ie Sheff Weds, Blackpool, Rushden, Notts County (who will be down by the time we play them) and Wrexham (who will probably be out of contention be the final day). I'd back us against anyone at home, so Hartlepool and Peterborough will really have their work cut out. Bristol City away will be tough, but the form they're in at the moment we could well take something from that.

What odds are we now for an automatic place ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Notts County may well be down by the time we play them, but that often has the effect of relaxing players.

I remember losing (I think) 4-0 to Stoke in the last game of one season at the Goldstone. Their fans all turned up in beach gear and partied the whole game.

Likewise, didn't Sheffield Wednesday win 7-0 at Burnley last season, once relegation was confirmed?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, the games are always easier "on paper" as they say. But I certainly wouldn't swap our run-in for any of the teams around us.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I think the pressure is off us a bit since no-one expects that we can actually make the auto spots. Bristol City have been flaky for years and QPR showed signs of it last season. Ideally we want as many of the opposition to draw as possible. That helps neither side while we could edge two points nearer with every win!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
They've signed Rougier today so we'll see him again, along with Darren Caskey and Scott Murray (all ex Royals)

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
RoyalAli said:
Bristol City have enquired about Scott Murray SIX times.
:lolol:

The responses?

NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO.

:lolol:

thats what i thought. so how come they got him back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here