Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Played well for only last 10 minutes but still a win.

Now very happily stuck in a car park trying to get home.

Great result.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Who is this other twat on the radio (not Aspinall). According to him, the nickname of Len Mellor was 'spider'. Len, LEN ??!? FFS!

BBC Sussex football coverage is plummeting downhill. (Excluding Johnny Cantor)

Last edited:

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Great win & a good atmosphere. Ashley in the right place again. Long journey home now, a few beers to follow. Well done Gus & the lads!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watched a silent SSN whilst at a kids party. Now re-lived the action with the official thread - great stuff!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Due to a never ending clash of family demands and lack of money, today was my first live look at the Gus Bus, and wow, what a blueprint for success.

Pass them to distraction, finish the job with speed and width, it may bore the f*** out of the locals, (and boy did I get some moans) but Its A Football Education and teams like City have a bit to learn.

Great atmosphere, hope everyone got home safely and we're having a laugh!

Oh and according to the crowd, supporting Brighton and living in Bristol apparanetky means I am a gay welshman!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think it was a particularly bad performance, nor was it lucky. I believe they used the word "patient" to describe it on the radio, and that sums it up perfectly to me.

We stayed patient, annoyed them by keeping the ball (albeit not quite as fluently as we have done previously) and then stepped it up and took our chance when it came. Nowt wrong with that.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Whats the atmosphere like Henry? How many Albion?

Home now. Sorry i sent no more reports. Technical hitch (no signal!) and then flat battery!

Atmosphere was vg. About 1700 seagulls apparently. City went VERY quiet after we scored and then all disappeared!

2nd half was much better. Should have had a couple more really. Bridcutt, Dunk, Greer all absolutely immaculate today. KLL had their right back pooing himself when he came on! Very efficient away win for the Albion.

I hope Sven is ready for us!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't think it was a particularly bad performance, nor was it lucky. I believe they used the word "patient" to describe it on the radio, and that sums it up perfectly to me.

We stayed patient, annoyed them by keeping the ball (albeit not quite as fluently as we have done previously) and then stepped it up and took our chance when it came. Nowt wrong with that.

Absolutely. Routine is another word. We hold the ball. Defend well. And have attacking players that "can make a difference". We will not always get away with that approach and not play to our best. But against a team that had not scored a home goal it was enough.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I thought we created quite a few good chances at the start and end of the second half. CMS could have got at least a couple of goals today.

Lua Lua looked lively when he came on. Painter got beaten by their 27 a number of times in the first half.

Not as fluid as we can be but still knocked it about OK and looked solid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here