Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Stadium News - Village Green Compromise Passed

TomF

May 21, 2004
Portishead, Bristol
Thought you might like to know, given how supportive you've been in the past, that the council have just agreed to recommendations that the land be split as half village green and half for building on.. so the stadium building can start. :D

Off course the TVG applicants could appeal for a judicial review.... :facepalm:

TomF

May 21, 2004
Portishead, Bristol
It would have been the biggest village green in history.. 42 acres. In fact they've just got 21 acres, so in fact that might be as well given the average is usually around 1.

I fear for a full JR ahead sadly, might be a way to go yet as you probably know all to well.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
One of my best mates is a Bristol City fan. Best of luck to you guys!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Congratulations - and best of luck with regard to any further potential appeals! I know quite a few City fans having lived in Somerset for a few years, so "Better Luck Next Year Brighton" banners aside I've got quite a soft spot for you. Looking forward to playing you this season, and to coming to the new ground in the Premier League one day in the future...?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Great news but you might have the nimbys putting in an appeal for a judicial review.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Great stuff, although I have enjoyed my visits to Ashton Gate (despite the football we played) there is no doubt that a new ground will be of benefit to the club, I hope the judicial process is swift and painless and you are able to start building as soon as possible.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thought you might like to know, given how supportive you've been in the past, that the council have just agreed to recommendations that the land be split as half village green and half for building on.. so the stadium building can start. :D

Off course the TVG applicants could appeal for a judicial review.... :facepalm:

Fingers crossed- look forward to welcoming your guys to hopefully league first game at the AMEX

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
congratulations - wow :) very impressive , hope it's easier then ours

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Good luck and hope it works out for you. The promise of a new ground can really help a club to move forward. Who will win the Brizzle race for a new stadium - City or Gas?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hope there are no duckponds,newts,nimbys,judicial reviews,local bakeries,general skullduggery etc.

Good luck with it !

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Have Bristol City taken into account the increase in vehicle bat collisions? Why is this ALWAYS overlooked!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Great news, I just hope you don't get a serious outbreak of NIMBYitis, it's a bloody irritating pain in the arse !

TomF

May 21, 2004
Portishead, Bristol
We've had plenty of NIMBYisms along the way, it's three years at least now into the planning stage (I know yours dwarfs that) - we've had the issue of building on green belt, we've had the access road being refused first time around (different council, the access road is in North Somerset) - at some of the meetings we've heard about the otters, the outstanding wildlife (its a former landfill site). The sale of AG to Sainsburys was a hell of a fight (refused first time around) where even then one local got up and blamed Scott Murray because he once dropped his phone down a drain and didn't say thank you when he rescued it for him.

Even today someone mentioned about how he helped save a cow that was 'stuck in the mud'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good luck City, I sincerely hope for all your sakes that your application sails through and isn't called in for a public inquiry.

If it is, just be prepared to stay the course. Campaign, lobby, write letters, march, chant at games, demonstrate, petition, just do EVERYTHING you can peacefully and with good humour to keep it in the public eye and DON'T GIVE UP.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Good luck City, I sincerely hope for all your sakes that your application sails through and isn't called in for a public inquiry.

If it is, just be prepared to stay the course. Campaign, lobby, write letters, march, chant at games, demonstrate, petition, just do EVERYTHING you can peacefully and with good humour to keep it in the public eye and DON'T GIVE UP.

All good points. Rioting won't help, although you may feel like it if it drags on like ours did.

Good luck

TomF

May 21, 2004
Portishead, Bristol
We only riot when tesco moves to town. All the planning applications are already passed, it was only the village green application that was holding things up.

Anyway will not carry on talking anymore on your board about it! looking forward to visiting the AMEX this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here