Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City - Sold Out

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bristol City, via their website, have been very very clear with regards to tickets available, numbers sold and to whom.

We've had to deal in rumour and hearsay. And still are.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
They also respect their season ticket holders who pay a fraction of what we shell out but that is another matter...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just want to point out I'm not really having a dig here. Alright maybe just a little one.

How difficult would it be to:

a) Initially tell us exactly how many tickets we have.
b) At the end of every day let us know how many had been sold, via a short update to the website.

I appreciate everyone at the club are madly, madly busy - but it could have been done, couldn't it?

May 21, 2004
Just a depressing note here but tin pot Reading sold 40k for their play off final with Walsall, SURELY we can sell 31k, spectator wise football's a different game to when we took 36k to Wembley last time around.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't dispute that Reading have a lot of fairweather fans, but I doubt it was 40,000 simply because clubs don't tend to get particularly large allocations for either the play offs or the major cup finals.

The biggest contingent of fans ever at Wembley or Cardiff is the 40,000 that Millwall took to the LDV Vans final a few years back, followed closely by Birmingham in the same competition and BC last season. They were allowed that kind of allocation as the FA's cronies can't be bothered to watch that tin pot competition so there are loads of spare seats.

For more important/interesting games, the sponsors take up large blocks of seating, hence teams in play offs or the FA/League Cup finals rarely get more than 35,000 tickets.

Royal Ali should be able to confirm?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Richtea Horace said:
Just a depressing note here but tin pot Reading sold 40k for their play off final with Walsall, SURELY we can sell 31k, spectator wise football's a different game to when we took 36k to Wembley last time around.

Like I said Wembly is easier and cheaper to get to than Cardiff for us. Also that was to get into the Prem!

We'll sell out it's just the Clubs inabilaty to keep it's fans informed that has us all panicing!

May 21, 2004
edna krabappel said:
I don't dispute that Reading have a lot of fairweather fans, but I doubt it was 40,000 simply because clubs don't tend to get particularly large allocations for either the play offs or the major cup finals.

The biggest contingent of fans ever at Wembley or Cardiff is the 40,000 that Millwall took to the LDV Vans final a few years back, followed closely by Birmingham in the same competition and BC last season. They were allowed that kind of allocation as the FA's cronies can't be bothered to watch that tin pot competition so there are loads of spare seats.

For more important/interesting games, the sponsors take up large blocks of seating, hence teams in play offs or the FA/League Cup finals rarely get more than 35,000 tickets.

Royal Ali should be able to confirm?

No that's definite, an old poster on this board Wilts (who works at jpmorgan with me) has been arguing with me all week about this - 100% sure they took 40,000 and that is the biggest Play off atendance ever at Baadiff.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Are people forgetting that only six thousand people go every week! our floating support has diminished over the past few years - I actually think that 26k for Cardiff would be a good return for us. We so desperately need Falmer to bring back the fans

Percy Parrot (bcfc)

May 22, 2004
London
yeah we sold out last night. Obviously would like it if City were given some extra tickets or some unsold Brighton ones, but the latter unlikely because of segregation and having some fans above others?

Anyway, I think you guys will push 31,000- but even if it's 26,000 it's still a good effort. I imagine Withdean has crushed your support a little, and it's not a short journey.

As for noise- it won't help us at all if we have 35,000 and you 25,000- all you're adding on is part-timers who don't sing anyway- and you guys have the North Stand- and that BIG 2nd tier behind the goal which is superb for noise- as you can all hear each other and get sound going. With the three tiers it becomes a total mess as all start different songs and can't hear each other.

Final point- all horns should be destroyed!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We took around 33000 to the first Wembley game and only around 28000 to the replay as we sold some of our tickets to Man Utd. We took 34000 to the div 1 play off final in 1992.

I think 27000 for a div 2 play off final when we have lost a whole generation of supporters is pretty amazing and we can be very very proud of that.

I still believe we will sell out the 31000 by next Saturday ( if not last Saturday :jester: ?.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Percy Parrot (bcfc) said:

...anyway- and you guys have the North Stand- and that BIG 2nd tier behind the goal which is superb for noise- as you can all hear each other and get sound going. With the three tiers it becomes a total mess as all start different songs and can't hear each other.

Final point- all horns should be destroyed!!!

Bo yeah!! I knew I paid £40 for something special!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have thought QPR V Cardiff would have sold out last season.

Not 100% sure though!

Tickets for the play offs are only made available from the participating clubs.

Except for those that the League holds back for sponsors, guests etc.

Could be that BHA have made more tickets available to their sponsors, guests, players, staff etc than Brizzle, which means that we coud have a smaller allocation made available to the fans (pure speculation)

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bloody hell, what a difference a couple of days makes! On Sat/Sun we were moaning at the club cus people could turn up and buy loads of tickets, now we're anxious cus we might not sell out! You can't have it both ways....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The club will be delighted with 27000 make no mistake. The whole process, no priority for 5 years season tickets etc etc, 8 hours queue, NSC flaming on Saturday has left a nasty taste in my mouth about the whole affair.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
No need to feel bad if we don't sell out.

Bristol City have big support and it's just 30 miles or so down the road.

The important thing is that we sell more than Falmer would seat (23k isn't it?). And that we've done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here