Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City sign...

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Stephen Mcphee from vale for £175,000, how do you rate that for a signing?

Would have he done job for us?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If they don't go up this coming season they never will.

Good signing - just wish we could buy players :cry:

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
What about Lee Peacock from Bristol City they have loads of strikers?

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
What about Lee Bradbury? was good a few years back with the right management could do it again maybe.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
you looked in the mirror latley GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
P***off and leave me alone, why don't you come up with some player we could sign..... come on ........now .....

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
dannyboyseagull said:
Stephen Mcphee from vale for £175,000, how do you rate that for a signing?

Would have he done job for us?

Not strictly true they have had an offer for him accepted by PV.

McPhee is considering a move to a Portuguese side which should be completed next Tuesday.

PV have accepted the bid because he is out of contract and if he signs for a side outside the UK they get no money for him. BC now have the job of convincing him too stay in the UK and not go too Portugal. Its good for PV is it good for McPhee?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I thought Leeds were after McPhee, though I guess their signing of Joachim might have ended that one. Still, could have sworn they put in an offer for him

donuts

Feb 16, 2004
essex
mcphee stated he wanted to play at a higher level then signs for another div 2 club . greedy bastard , yes he had good season for us this year but only only got 3 goals the previous season .One season wonder maybe. Good riddance to him

It's an excellent signing for Bris. Just goes to show how well we did to leave behind a club with this financial muscle. Bris do need this player, their forward line was useless without Peacock at Cardiff.

I'd have loved to have McPhee here, would have complemented Leon much more than Big Chris, but alas sometimes you do wonder if we have 175,000 lira.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
samparish said:
I thought Leeds were after McPhee, though I guess their signing of Joachim might have ended that one. Still, could have sworn they put in an offer for him

PV turned down their offer for him.

Remember he is under 23 therefore out of contract or not does not matter. If he goes to a English club PV are due money.

If he goes outside England they are not, therefore a move too Portugal is possibly better for McPhee as he can go as a free agent.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
if mcphee decides to stay in england with brizzle city it would be a good signing for them and although iv read peacock may be of to sheff wed i would have thought those to would av made a good partnership

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I didn't think McPhee looked that good when we played at Burslem and to be fair to Donuts, he knows his own team.

Bristol City keep spending money on players and still getting nowhere.

You can have many good individuals but if they don't play as a team then you won't make progress.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I agree with Yorkie. Also I think they have already made a BIG mistake for next season. They are obviously giving it a big push for promotion - they are more or less putting everything into it so why have they appointed a rookie manager? They should have spent some cash on getting a half decent manager who has promotion experience.

They should have asked Dick Knight for some advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here