Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City- Ross McCormack

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
You'd be happy with that? What about two seasons time?

You've literally CHEATED money out of local businesses and charities in order to keep your Championship status and gone into administration twice. Aren't you a little, tiny bit, I dunno.. ashamed? I sure as hell would be.

Not at all. It winds you lot up so much it just makes me laugh. :D

Come on...we suffered at Hillsborough for 90 minutes. That was tough :)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You'd be happy with that? What about two seasons time?

You've literally CHEATED money out of local businesses and charities in order to keep your Championship status and gone into administration twice. Aren't you a little, tiny bit, I dunno.. ashamed? I sure as hell would be.
This seems to be the stock answer when we spend abit of money doesn't it !
You seem to forget that a few of your local businesses were left out of pocket when you had your troubles at the goldstone , do you feel ashamed or embarrassed about that ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Boyd and McCormack would both be very good signings for Palace. I'm not a huge fan of Boyd to be honest but I can understand why some people are!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
How do you work that out ? We are just re investing money we have or will get on new players . The good thing is the players will be of a good age and with potentally better sell on prices . We haven't and won't pay over the odds for anyone .

Boyd is a player our fans have said would be a good addition on a few occasions, obviously knows CMS well, and I have seen him play a fw times in L1 and last season, he's a good player. Peterborough were after 2 million before, don't reckon even today you will get much change from that.

I know you think Zaha is going to stay this season, but there are no guarantees in football of future value, he may suffer a career threatening injury etc, and as much as you all love him, I wouldnt be at all suprised if Palace were to bankroll this current splurge with he sale of Zaha.

There's a lot of rumour about Zaha and its obvious there may be some backlash today with no firm bigger signings yet actually official, but if an announcement were to be made once a few good players officially start rocking up in a week or two, It would bury the bad news so to speak and be more accepted?? If i was the chairman of Palace (sooner eat my own shit) that's the way I'd do it

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You seem to forget that a few of your local businesses were left out of pocket when you had your troubles at the goldstone , do you feel ashamed or embarrassed about that ?

Not really the same as admin twice in a few years is it?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Boyd and McCormack would both be very good signings for Palace. I'm not a huge fan of Boyd to be honest but I can understand why some people are!

I'm not a fan of Boyd either tbh , if this is true it might mean the end for Darren (ambrose) .

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
No it isn't but you know the point I'm making .

Similarly how many times is "35 years......." quoted to us?

You have to accept you're going to get grief posting on your rivals forum, at least you're not confined to a sub forum like on bbs

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Boyd is a player our fans have said would be a good addition on a few occasions, obviously knows CMS well, and I have seen him play a fw times in L1 and last season, he's a good player. Peterborough were after 2 million before, don't reckon even today you will get much change from that.

I know you think Zaha is going to stay this season, but there are no guarantees in football of future value, he may suffer a career threatening injury etc, and as much as you all love him, I wouldnt be at all suprised if Palace were to bankroll this current splurge with he sale of Zaha.

There's a lot of rumour about Zaha and its obvious there may be some backlash today with no firm bigger signings yet actually official, but if an announcement were to be made once a few good players officially start rocking up in a week or two, It would bury the bad news so to speak and be more accepted?? If i was the chairman of Palace (sooner eat my own shit) that's the way I'd do it

This could be true , the palace owners have said if a bid came in for Wilf and it was in the best interest for us and him he would be sold . I'm under no illusions regarding Wilf , we will enjoy him while we have him he is a joy to watch .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This could be true , the palace owners have said if a bid came in for Wilf and it was in the best interest for us and him he would be sold . I'm under no illusions regarding Wilf , we will enjoy him while we have him he is a joy to watch .

I heard he is in the British Olympic team....... if this article refers to where Zaha will compete for us, get your cash on WILFRED FOR GOLD!!

http://www.teamgb.com/news/divers-join-team-gb-london-2012-olympics

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Should it not be?

Run up huge debts you can't pay/go into administration/spend money you can't afford again..

Seems like a stock answer to an all too repetitive situation.

Jan 12, 2012
As already been said, we are merely re investing monies recieved or about to receive. Cant you just accept we are trying to go for it next season, and not keep on about the A word. Has the legend signed yet ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
£30k a week is a lot of money , is he that good ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here