Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City getting desperate!

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol City boss Danny Wilson hopes extra visibility will make a difference in his side's crucial Division Two visit to Barnsley on Saturday.
The Robins will drop their usual black away kit in order to play in yellow.

Wilson said: "We will not wear black because I don't think many teams win wearing that type of colour - it can make it harder to pick out team-mates.

"A bright colour like yellow makes that much easier and can sometimes make it appear you have an extra man."

Wilson is keen to give his side any advantage he can get as they look to overhaul QPR and clinch an automatic promotion place.

"It sounds silly, but even Manchester United were caught out on the famous occasion when they wore shirts that were not easy to pick out - and it can make a difference.

"We don't want to leave anything to chance for such an important game."

Hmmmmm ???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He has a point.

The most successful teams at present wear red. England won the World cup wearing red.

*now sits down and watches for loads of posts pointing out successful teams wearing yellow or blue/white stripes*

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
He has a point.

The most successful teams at present wear red. England won the World cup wearing red.

B]

Fair enough but he's talking about dropping a black kit for a yellow one, we did that at the start of this season - and look how good our away form has been :shootself

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Yorkie said:
He has a point.

*now sits down and watches for loads of posts pointing out successful teams wearing yellow or blue/white stripes*

1. Brazil

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope it works. I'll be happy to see Danny Wilson's team get promoted. QPR having to go the hard way is just perfect for the self appointed "best team in the division" . We may also get the chance to feck it up for them by going up insted of them :clap2: :salute:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
He has a point.

Other World Cup winners - Brazil, Italy, France, Germany, Argentina - not a red shirt in sight :p

interjambo

Mar 22, 2004
Milano, Italia
Icy Gull said:
Other World Cup winners - Brazil, Italy, France, Germany, Argentina - not a red shirt in sight :p

Uruguay are also famous for their red shirts while under achievers Spain let the whole red shirt side down

Last edited:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Manchester Unit moaned that they could not see their own players in grey against the crowd at Southampton when they got stuffed 6-2 (I think).

How the hell do they spot each other in red at Old Trafford when 90% of the crowd are in red ???

Very lame excuse !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A report was done by some university some years ago and they said that Red was the best colour. As Danny Wilson said it appears as if you have more players on the field. He probably took this from that report which was about when he was playing and it is proven in the Premier League with the winners being Arsenal Man U LIverpool always winning or being thereabouts.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
ManxSeagull said:
Manchester Unit moaned that they could not see their own players in grey against the crowd at Southampton when they got stuffed 6-2 (I think).

How the hell do they spot each other in red at Old Trafford when 90% of the crowd are in red ???

Very lame excuse !!
That's easy - given the silence accompanied by masses of prawn sandwich munching they can always hear each other clearly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another report has come out from a university in America which says that after examination of over 100k offside decisions 90% are wrong either for or against the team because of the speed of the eye in conjunction with the brain.

Their conclusion was that offside should be scrapped as the lineman sorry asst refs can't get it right. and can't be expected to.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Interestingly, and contrary to the quote from Danny Wilson, the match is being played on Sunday. Apparently there is a celebration in Barnsley of the 20th (?) anniversary of the Miner's Strike, hence the postponement. I have a QPR supporting mate who is NOT happy, as he thinks it gives Brizzle Shitty an advantage by playing 24 hours later. I think I agree.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I don't. I think QPR will win on Saturday and Bris C will be under too much pressure to do the same - and lose. It'll be the same as when we got promoted when Reading drew at Tranmere on Sunday.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Danny Wilson was a great player for us (nobody could strike a penalty as well as him) and I wish him well in Division 2 for next season. :lolol:

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Beeneys gloves said:
Fair enough but he's talking about dropping a black kit for a yellow one, we did that at the start of this season - and look how good our away form has been :shootself

We didn't exactly cover ourselves in glory in the black kit at Blackpool. Can't remember more than 2 passes being strung together, so perhaps there is something in this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here