Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City 2 - 0 Southampton

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
'Tis good to see they got beat today. I bet most of their supporters, players & Catkins still look dreadfully smug though... :glare:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes i was there, it was not ambarrassing Lamberts diving was and so was the ref

It's funny coz I support the Saints and i'm not that embarresed. We had SEVEN penalty appeals which shows you couldnt handle us up front.

Lets be honest though, you can't deny the most embaressing thing that day was your kit. It's kinda OK with black shorts but with green shorts - I'm surprised you didn't do a 1996 Alex Ferguson and blaim the kit for losing. It blended in with the pitch and i'm surprised your players could see each other.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Yes you lost today

Yes we did. Every team loses. We were outplayed and outfought for large parts of the game. I don't think we even managed a shot on target, maybe one in the first half?

But that's football. I clapped my team off the field at the end of the game and drove home.

I cannot think of a better season ticket to have had than at St Marys over the last couple seasons (based solely on results), none more so than under our 'physio'. :)

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Unbelievable result for me, city really are down in the dumps.

Not sure why we need to bicker about it though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's funny coz I support the Saints and i'm not that embarresed. We had SEVEN penalty appeals which shows you couldnt handle us up front.

Lets be honest though, you can't deny the most embaressing thing that day was your kit. It's kinda OK with black shorts but with green shorts - I'm surprised you didn't do a 1996 Alex Ferguson and blaim the kit for losing. It blended in with the pitch and i'm surprised your players could see each other.

Look, seriously, if you really believe 'blaim' is a word then turn on some sort of spell check facility. Writing with a standard that would embarrass my 9 year old is doing you no favours.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
The entire highlights of the game was Saints attacking Albion - not one Albion attack (although they did miss that one cleared off the line just after our 1st goal). I've never seen that before.

Did you watch the Bristol City highlights just now.......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Seven? Only if you include balls hit at someone's arm from 2 feet away, dives, and players falling over under the slightest attention a yard and a bit outside the box. Otherwise, it's one and a half penalty appeals.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You sacked a manager and hired a physio reap the rewards

That's not exactly the smartest of statements is it?

They finished second behind us last season and currently lead this division. Quite a rewarding appointment I'd say. Now please, give it a rest-you're an embarrassment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here