Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bring back paul watson -now!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Watto was quality in the 2 championship seasons we had but then once we arrived at this level he was pony. His corners became worse than when we had Yeates here taking them.

I think Watto is best left in the past.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yorkie said:
He was on trial at Coventry but even Micky decided not to give him a contract (unless he is still on trial there)

No, Adams wants to sign him but Coventry can't afford to at the moment - along with a number of other trialists.

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I remember his last goal for the club - that 'Beckham-esque' free kick against Port Vale away (2nd Div Championship year). That turned out to be his last major contribution IMHO

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
it's true, watto went off the boil in div 1. but come on, does anyone have the assist figures for zamora's goals? i'll bet that 75% of his goals came from crosses from the right. remember those sneaky little runs into the area, watto's accurately delivered cross, zammos head, BACK OF THE NET!!!!!!!

Or those freekicks, right corner of the box. Watto steps up, left foot curler, top corner, goalee no chance, BACK OF THE NET!!!!!!!

Attacking football in it's simplest form. top striker making the most of perfect crosses aimed towards the far post with just the right amount of height and pace to test opposition goalies and defenders.

I think the biggest problem watto had was trying to prove himself to coppell. micky knew what he could do so there was no pressure on him. admittedly, defensively he was vulnerable, but surely if we tried him at right midfield, any striker with height and power would have a field day.

bring him back now mm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here