Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back John Lees now campaign..........

who was the bloke who used to do the radio commentary during the last few games at the Goldstone...................... the chap whose commentary is featured on the Storer goal v Donny

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
That was good old South Coast Radio.

I think it was Jim Proudford but I presume he moved on to Capital sports when South Coast radio went

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Could have gladly throttled Hawsey last night when he announced that we'd equalised........closely followed by....no we haven't!

:(

Andrew Hawes is the best local radio commentator I've ever heard. His dry understated humour is a joy in these days of Jonathan Pearce-style ranting and Five Live moronity. Superb knowledge of the Albion and the flow of a game, and I don't envy him one bit when he has to interview Mark McGhee when he's spitting blood like he was last night :ohmy: :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Spot on L.I. Hawesy is the best we have ever had.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
_wilka_ said:
That was good old South Coast Radio.

I think it was Jim Proudford but I presume he moved on to Capital sports when South Coast radio went

Jim Proudfoot was a very enthusiastic commentator, a bit in the Jonathan Pierce mould. Believe he still does some commentary for Sky as well (Masters football and the like).

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Mention of John Lees has reminded me of one of the most unpleasant drawbacks of moving back to London from Brighton - the hateful JoAnne Good, who left SCR (well, most mornings) for a graveyard shift in London, but who gave a very rude awakening by screeching out on the breakfast show as a temporary replacement for Danny Baker recently... The sublime to the ridiculous... And seems to have brought most of her fawning Brighton grinboys with her if her late-night show is anything to go by, another affront to broadcasting that it is....

Can't stand either Jonathan Pearce or Alan Green on the increasingly-annoying Radio 5, the ranter or the self-indulgent miseryguts, but always impressed by what I heard of Hawes - any chance of a Bosman transfer to BBC London to team up with the drily-effective Gary O'Reilly...?

You can keep John Lees, mind... :)

D

Deleted User X18H

John Lees Lived on Staply Road Hove ........................nuff said.

My mother also lived there as a girl.

D

Deleted User X18H

Harty said:
Hove b and b are you and Leesy related?
In fact do you resemble a male Liz Costa?
No .......not quite... for all you know Worthing boy I could be Liz Costa.......speak to you Saturday.

D

Deleted User X18H

Do tell so I can practice being be controversial

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here